Thread: Patrick Toney rumors

Default Re: Patrick Toney rumors

They must be talking about a different Toney who coaches for ULL. Whatever that is.

My TT buddy said they were but he is dragging his feet because Tony wants to interview for the HC position here

When a team has great success, the top assistant coaches are always going to be in high demand elsewhere.

I do know his wife was the cheer coach here and has already stepped down from that position.

I think he would have to be a P5 coordinator before getting a head job here.

Coach Toney said at a QB Club meeting that he wants to eventually be a DC in the NFL.

IMO, if Napier is back next season then PT is gone. If Napier leaves, I have to believe that PT is very near the top of Dr Maggard's list of successors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    IMO, if Napier is back next season then PT is gone. If Napier leaves, I have to believe that PT is very near the top of Dr Maggard's list of successors.
    I will not presume who Maggard has on speed dial to replace CBN when it becomes necessary; but, assuming Maggard is still here to make the hire, history should tell us two things. We won't know who it is before the actual hiring, and we will be pleasantly surprised when we do find out who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I do know his wife was the cheer coach here and has already stepped down from that position.

I think he would have to be a P5 coordinator before getting a head job here.
    No need for her to work when he just got a raise to $450,000 a year.

Thread Information