Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rough Second Quarter Dooms Louisiana in 70-41 Loss To LSU

Default Re: Women’s game vs La State

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That was gosh awful. TWO single digit quarters. 26.9% FG. Outrebounded 52-29. 25 TOs.

And water is now $4.75...dang.

FWIW SLU football is up 28-21 at the half on Nicholls. It's on the "+'. Cole Kelly having a good year.
    How that work out lol

Default Re: Rough Second Quarter Dooms Louisiana in 70-41 Loss To LSU

Credit to Garry and Mulkey for trying to grow the sport. Unfortunately the bug hit the windshield last night. That was something you can’t unsee.
    Agreed.

I like Gary and I like Bob, but if you look at their body of work, is that the standard that we're settling on at Louisiana for basketball? They've had some mild success, but nothing else to really boast about. 2 regular season championships, 1 for each men's and women's. 1 Sun Belt tourney championship in 8 years ago for men's. 1 NCAA tourney appearance in a combined, what, 16-17 years? 1 NIT visit each. 0 wins total.

Overall, at least Gary has some named wins over Arkansas and Ole Miss and a couple of WBI championships. Bob has Iowa on a neutral court and pretty much the against other P5 or top tier teams, it hasn't been close.

Well LSU lost AT HOME to Florida Gulf Coast University by 14 last Sunday. Mulkey has her work cut out. The 5,000 season ticket holders won’t hang around long in Refineryville.

Meanwhile in Lafayette, going into the 51st year of WBB. 1 NCAA appearance, one WNIT. And it’s not just a WBB issue. Any sport needs to be embraced by the fan base, especially women’s sports, to have a chance. Has nothing to do with money, have to generate their own mojo, like softball.

Credit to Garry and Mulkey for trying to grow the sport. Unfortunately the bug hit the windshield last night. That was something you can’t unsee.
    The difference is that Mulkey has a track record in recruiting and coaching success [including a natty] at a school with significantly less resources than LSU. Even Refineryvill fans will give her a couple of years to turn around the dumpster fire that was LSU women's hoops.

Garry has had almost a decade to turn around the disaster that Errol Rogers left behind, with less than spectacular results. Props to him for being the Ricky Bustle of women's basketball here, but it is time to find our Billy Napier or Gerry Glasco for our women's hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The difference is that Mulkey has a track record in recruiting and coaching success [including a natty] at a school with significantly less resources than LSU. Even Refineryvill fans will give her a couple of years to turn around the dumpster fire that was LSU women's hoops.

Garry has had almost a decade to turn around the disaster that Errol Rogers left behind, with less than spectacular results. Props to him for being the Ricky Bustle of women's basketball here, but it is time to find our Billy Napier or Gerry Glasco for our women's hoops.
    You been had it out for Garry. The program has turned around. They won the SBC last year, WBI champions twice, winningest coach as well. If u tired of Garry, you must hate hate Bob as well…

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Agreed.

I like Gary and I like Bob, but if you look at their body of work, is that the standard that we're settling on at Louisiana for basketball? They've had some mild success, but nothing else to really boast about. 2 regular season championships, 1 for each men's and women's. 1 Sun Belt tourney championship in 8 years ago for men's. 1 NCAA tourney appearance in a combined, what, 16-17 years? 1 NIT visit each. 0 wins total.

Overall, at least Gary has some named wins over Arkansas and Ole Miss and a couple of WBI championships. Bob has Iowa on a neutral court and pretty much the against other P5 or top tier teams, it hasn't been close.
    Neither one deserves a pass. Both need to dance this year.

Bob, hasn’t crapped the bed against a non D1. Garry did it at least twice. We all know Bob’s shortcomings…they’ve been regurgitated numerous times here. This thread is about the women’s program.

Personally I don’t give two flips about rent a game tournaments except I’ve gone to support our teams. Go back and see who we played in those tournaments. Suck fest.

Coach Brodhead received a 2 year extension after last season. One which all non Football coaches received due to Covid and one for winning the regular season SBC title. He is not going anywhere anytime soon. Now, he may decide to retire at some point in the near future but I think that is still a few years away.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    How that work out lol
    Well, the water was 4.50 the game before.

36-47 385 yd 3 TD. And lost at home. Was Walter Payton winner last year, in the hunt again this year.

Well, the water was 4.50 the game before.

36-47 385 yd 3 TD. And lost at home. Was Walter Payton winner last year, in the hunt again this year.
    Still don't want him anywhere near a team I support....another Chad Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    You been had it out for Garry. The program has turned around. They won the SBC last year, WBI champions twice, winningest coach as well. If u tired of Garry, you must hate hate Bob as well…
    You have been around long enough to know that the quality of WBB in the SBC is nowhere near where it was when Middle and WKU were both here, and both Arkansas schools were very good. You also know talent well enough to know that Garry has not recruited a single player since he has been here that is even in the same universe as Ana Petrokova or Yolanda Jones.

I don't hate either Bob or Garry; I just don't believe that what they are doing is the best that can be done here. It should be easy for anyone who watched teams coached by Bobby Paschal on the men's side or J.K. Hall on the women's side to see this.

You have been around long enough to know that the quality of WBB in the SBC is nowhere near where it was when Middle and WKU were both here, and both Arkansas schools were very good. You also know talent well enough to know that Garry has not recruited a single player since he has been here that is even in the same universe as Ana Petrokova or Yolanda Jones.

I don't hate either Bob or Garry; I just don't believe that what they are doing is the best that can be done here. It should be easy for anyone who watched teams coached by Bobby Paschal on the men's side or J.K. Hall on the women's side to see this.
    Only difference Gary is 5th or 6th in terms of salary in the belt

Bobby is #1 by a good margin

UL Basketball Re: Rough Second Quarter Dooms Louisiana in 70-41 Loss To LSU

J KELLY HALL was a good coach. I loved the dude, but if we really look at it.

2002 - Losing record
    2003 - Losing record
    2004 - Winning record
    2005 - Winning record
    2006 - Winning record
    2007 - Losing record

You named 2 players over 6 years.

Ke Ke Veal
    Kia Wilridge

I’ll match your two!!!

13. Default Re: Rough Second Quarter Dooms Louisiana in 70-41 Loss To LSU

2002 - Losing record
    2003 - Losing record
    Just like Garry B., J. Kelly Hall had his work cut out for him.

JKH took over a program that had gone 2-14 and 1-14 in the Sunbelt in 2000-01 and 2001-02 seasons.

UL Basketball Re: Rough Second Quarter Dooms Louisiana in 70-41 Loss To LSU

2002 - Losing record
    2003 - Losing record
    2004 - Winning record
    2005 - Winning record
    2006 - Winning record
    2007 - Losing record

You named 2 players over 6 years.

Ke Ke Veal
    Kia Wilridge

I’ll match your two!!!
    Guards: Alicia McDaniel and Oona Charles

Forwards: Jones and Petrokova.

Center: Sonora Edwards.

Hall did not coach in 2007. That was E. Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by TammanyCajun View Post
    How do concessions continue to be an issue at UL sports events? That is mind blowing.
    I was told the labor shortage has caused a challenge for the UL and dome year, and understandably so. I suppose it shouldn’t be surprising that people aren’t lining up to work ~3 hours at a weird time of day for a low wage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information