Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 84, Xavier of LA 72

1. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 84, Xavier of LA 72

I guess I misheard that rebounding stat.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 84, Xavier of LA 72

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Actually the Cajuns outrebounded Xavier by 8. The turnovers were the most disappointing stat as the Cajuns had 3 more than their opponent. Still, I think the coaching staff was quite disappointed with the play, particularly in the second half. If you listened to Coach Marlin's post game interview you would think the Cajuns had lost the game. I bet they had lots to go over in practice today.
    Thanks to Mike, the Joe Friday of RP ("just the facts".) I thought the game played out like it did for 2 reasons:

1) Xavier was better than the typical Xavier NAIA team we normally play. They had some quick guards with a nice touch.

2) I think Marlin is still experimenting with the lineup, resulting in the Cajuns playing so many players that chemistry was not always present on the court. I was somewhat encouraged that we were able to hit more outside shots as the game progressed. The defense played well for most of the game, but we were slow getting back in transition at times. I was also discouraged that our bigs missed some baskets from fairly close range, but I think this will get cleaned up because they have previously made the same shots in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Thanks to Mike, the Joe Friday of RP ("just the facts".) I thought the game played out like it did for 2 reasons:

1) Xavier was better than the typical Xavier NAIA team we normally play. They had some quick guards with a nice touch.

2) I think Marlin is still experimenting with the lineup, resulting in the Cajuns playing so many players that chemistry was not always present on the court. I was somewhat encouraged that we were able to hit more outside shots as the game progressed. The defense played well for most of the game, but we were slow getting back in transition at times. I was also discouraged that our bigs missed some baskets from fairly close range, but I think this will get cleaned up because they have previously made the same shots in other games.
    They will going against a first team all american big guy sunday afternoon so we will find out if they can guard. First real test of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    They will going against a first team all american big guy sunday afternoon so we will find out if they can guard. First real test of the year.
    Indiana game is at 6:30 Sunday evening. Carried on Big 10 network.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 84, Xavier of LA 72

I’m not paying for Big 10 network to watch it.

After checking it seems I already am a subscriber

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information