Thread: Baseball in Baton Rouge

Default Baseball in Baton Rouge

Fun day at Alex Box yesterday. Cajuns and LSU played a pair of eight inning games. Tigers won both, but both were hotly contested.

The Cajuns pitched all of their pitchers one inning each, so hard to make any judgments. But Drew Schifflet (Texas Transfer) and Tommy Ray (soph JUCO) have been good all fall. Freshman Dylan Theut has looked good every time I've seen him (three times, one inning each...he's a LHP)

But I can say this: This team is a LOT better offensively than a year ago. Julian Brock has had a great fall. Had a double and triple yesterday. CJ Willis hit a three run homer to the opposite field. Tyler Robertson had a big day and so did Roccaforte. Cajuns had six doubles,, a triple and a HR in the doubleheader.

But Kyle DeBarge is the name you need to know. A freshman from Barbe, he had four hits on the day. He played at Barbe but is from Kinder. And, like a previous shortstop from Kinder, he's about 5'9". Not often a freshman starts at shortstop and hits in the middle of the lineup, but I think that's what's going to happen.

I think you're going to like this team.

2. Default Re: Baseball in Baton Rouge

Didn't our last two regulars at SS start as freshmen? Trahan and Cantrelle

3. Default Re: Baseball in Baton Rouge

Thanks, Jay. I’m excited for the rebound this year.

Default Re: Baseball in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Fun day at Alex Box yesterday. Cajuns and LSU played a pair of eight inning games. Tigers won both, but both were hotly contested.

The Cajuns pitched all of their pitchers one inning each, so hard to make any judgments. But Drew Schifflet (Texas Transfer) and Tommy Ray (soph JUCO) have been good all fall. Freshman Dylan Theut has looked good every time I've seen him (three times, one inning each...he's a LHP)

But I can say this: This team is a LOT better offensively than a year ago. Julian Brock has had a great fall. Had a double and triple yesterday. CJ Willis hit a three run homer to the opposite field. Tyler Robertson had a big day and so did Roccaforte. Cajuns had six doubles,, a triple and a HR in the doubleheader.

But Kyle DeBarge is the name you need to know. A freshman from Barbe, he had four hits on the day. He played at Barbe but is from Kinder. And, like a previous shortstop from Kinder, he's about 5'9". Not often a freshman starts at shortstop and hits in the middle of the lineup, but I think that's what's going to happen.

I think you're going to like this team.
    Exciting times.... Football is competing for a Championship.. Basketball seems to be rebounding (pun intended).. Softball is top 10 or 11 recruiting and good as always.... And baseball has always been my #1 Cajun sport.... due largely to Robe I guess.... and great info here... Thanks Jay

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Didn't our last two regulars at SS start as freshmen? Trahan and Cantrelle
    Yeah, but they didn't hit third in the lineup.

Thank you for the update Jay! Looking forward to Baseball season! From what you said I have high hopes for this team. I think this could be our year! Geaux Cajuns!

By the way, sorry about the rude remarks the other day. I didn't really mean what I said. Oh and also I enjoyed listening to you commentate this weekend, you did a good job!

Thread Information