Thread: Louisiana Volleyball Receives Sun Belt Tournament Assignment

1. UL Volleyball Louisiana Volleyball Receives Sun Belt Tournament Assignment

Louisiana Volleyball will face Appalachian State at 5 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, Nov. 18 in the Foley Sports Tourism Complex in Foley, Ala., to begin play in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament, it was announced on Sunday with the unveiling of the event's bracket.

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Louisiana Volleyball Receives Sun Belt Tournament Assignment

The team struggled saturday night after winning the first set against Texas State. A win Saturday would have gave the Cajuns a first round bye. Grant, can we win this tournament and is it single eliminations?

I know I'm late to the party, but let's Geaux Cajuns! Hope we can dominate and show the conference that we have talent! What are y'all's predictions for the tournament? I don't know a whole lot about the team or the conference in Volleyball, so to those who do, I'm just curious of who's good and who might win! #BeatAppState

UL Volleyball Re: Louisiana Volleyball Receives Sun Belt Tournament Assignment

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I know I'm late to the party, but let's Geaux Cajuns! Hope we can dominate and show the conference that we have talent! What are y'all's predictions for the tournament? I don't know a whole lot about the team or the conference in Volleyball, so to those who do, I'm just curious of who's good and who might win! #BeatAppState
    South Alabama (15-1) is the top overall seed. Their only loss was at Coastal Carolina, the #3 overall seed (12-4). Texas State's two losses are at South Alabama and at home vs. the Cajuns. Coastal Carolina won the first 2 championships (2016-2017), Texas State has won the last 3. These are the likely candidates for the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Icitsh and Grant know alot about the program. I have made a handful of games this season. The Cajuns should be able to beat App in the 1st round.

Need to take it one day at a time to make a deep run.

Volleyball is one of those sports in which the momentum can swing at any moment. Much like a baseball 3-game series, winning the first one and two of the next three are critical. Winning two in a row is tough. Texas St must've learnt from our first meeting. They also likely watched tape from our matches against East division opponents.

I think we can win the first round. The second is gonna be tough cause all the donkey teams get flushed. The ladies have to play mistake FREE going forward.

Texas State would tie South Florida with 4 Sun Belt Conference Championships in a row if they win it all this year.

Thread Information