Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Football polls 11.14.21

Default Re: Football polls 11.14.21

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    What the bcs would look like
    Bring back the BCS!well BCS plus playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Bring back the BCS!well BCS plus playoffs.
    Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    At this point fellas, I’m hoping for (4) things: a) a drubbing of Liberty & ULM to finish 11-1 on regular season, b) a conference championship, c) a bowl game in Dallas/Houston/Memphis and d) a P-5 bowl opponent
    I don’t think we have the bowl tie ins for that to happen

UTSA In Nola, hopefully ranked CUSA champ vs ranked SBC champ.we haven’t been in 5 years, I think people would be ready to return. Saturday night 8:00 pm kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    No the G5 needs to keep poking the bear until they get their seat at the table…. If you keep having the same teams in the playoff with no parity will turn people off, which is starting to happen hence why they are talking to expand the playoff… keep fighting and don’t give in
    They are not expanding because of the G5, they are expanding to get more P5 teams in (with the setup today a P5 is guaranteed to be left out, and sometimes two are left out). The TV market share of the national championship game has held fairly steady throughout the years, except for this past year.

The overriding factor in viewership is competitiveness of the game itself. The last three championship games have been blowouts and both semis last year were blowouts.

I am not advocating for doing nothing, however threatening that they must do something when you have a spoon at a gunfight is not a winning strategy.

6. Default Re: Football polls 11.14.21

UTSA in independence bowl would be a slap in the face. That’s the projection out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    UTSA in independence bowl would be a slap in the face. That’s the projection out there right now.
    Independence tie in this year is cusa champ vs byu

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Conference wise, have not seen this in a long time. No CURRENT SBC team in the bottom 10.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.-hope-fleeting
    I am glad there are no SBC schools on the list (but 2 close), I still remember when we and ulm were on it together, oh, those were nit the days!

But this guy is seriously funny!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I am glad there are no SBC schools on the list (but 2 close), I still remember when we and ulm were on it together, oh, those were nit the days!

But this guy is seriously funny!
    Ryan McGee is an excellent writer. Seen him a few times, he is a very bright individual.

It is never undesirable to have a bowl game against a 13-0 team.

11. Default Re: Football polls 11.14.21

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    It is never undesirable to have a bowl game against a 13-0 team.
    Or a 12-1 team. Pretty good matchup . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’m all for a bowl within driving distance. We don’t exactly bring many fans to Away games much less a far away bowl. It going to be one of the bowl tie ins for the SBC so I don’t see Indy bowl in play. I’ll be happy for a NOLA bowl at night this prime time on a sat night. Let’s go!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It going to be one of the bowl tie ins for the SBC so I don’t see Indy bowl in play. I’ll be happy for a NOLA bowl at night this prime time on a sat night. Let’s go!
    I hope the Indy Bowl is never in play for us. A delapidated stadium in a bad part of town. A town that is better known for its gangs than anything else.

I've said it for a long time. Until we make a New Years Day or playoff bowl nothing is better than NOLA. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I hope the Indy Bowl is never in play for us. A delapidated stadium in a bad part of town. A town that is better known for its gangs than anything else.

I've said it for a long time. Until we make a New Years Day or playoff bowl nothing is better than NOLA. IMHO.
    100% correct!!!

Camilla bowl is on Christmas. That’s a no.

Cure Bowl is in Orlando. Most can’t make that.

If Coastal hears we’re going to a bowl at their place, they’ll find a way to cancel it.

Lending Tree and New Orleans are on the Saturday before Christmas and easy trips. Give us a decent opponent and let’s do that. Nola being the best of those 2 options.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information