Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Football polls 11.14.21

Default Re: Football polls 11.14.21

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Where is Cincy ranked?
    They’re the proverbial doggie in the window. Looks nice, but nobody wants to take them home. They have the Michigan twins sitting at 6 and 7, it’s set up for two Big 10 teams this year to have a chance to cut out the SEC getting 2. Alabama beats Georgia, that could make things interesting.

Other than App, we haven’t beaten anyone noteworthy. Win out, that’s a different situation. I expect an undesirable repeat of last year’s bowl game, UTSA. Undesirable in the respect play someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Still does not ok the job the committee has done the last 3 years…. Computers and the other polls need to formulate into the equation for the CFP. They must expand to 12 teams
    The committee and the powers that be are getting just what they want. Every week, people are discussing/complaining about the rankings. If there was no controversy, then ESPN/FoxSports/The Athletic/etc lose out on programming and clicks.

Saying they must expand, or else what, the G5 breaks off?

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    They are in the privileged (P) 5.
    No kidding.

I’m just pulling like crazy for Cincy to show that a G5 can get into the playoff.

The more you see the disrespect for most teams and hear the criticism from coaches, ADs and media, the national championship path will evolve again just like it did from the BCS.

I just don’t understand how the committee is choosing these teams. Their logic seems to make sense one week then the next the same logic won’t apply? Head to head matters, right? Come on.

Also, I know the answer is no but do you look at the AP and coaches polls? It’s really funny how the AP and Coaches don’t matter several weeks into the season. We use them until the end of October then “screw em?”

4. Default Re: Football polls 11.14.21

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Utah is a 3 point favorite lol
    Yeah but they’re not favored to win based on the metrics.

This is pretty embarrassing on the CFP committee. So many teams don’t belong…oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This is pretty embarrassing on the CFP committee. So many teams don’t belong…oh well.
    Manufactured entertainment. If they lined up with AP and Coach's poll, no one would have anything to talk about. Sucks for teams the teams being used as carrots.

7. Default Re: Football polls 11.14.21

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    They are in the privileged (P) 5.
    You Nailed it.

I was thinking Presumable 5

What the bcs would look like

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    The committee and the powers that be are getting just what they want. Every week, people are discussing/complaining about the rankings. If there was no controversy, then ESPN/FoxSports/The Athletic/etc lose out on programming and clicks.

Saying they must expand, or else what, the G5 breaks off?
    No the G5 needs to keep poking the bear until they get their seat at the table…. If you keep having the same teams in the playoff with no parity will turn people off, which is starting to happen hence why they are talking to expand the playoff… keep fighting and don’t give in

Have to keep fighting to be included. Never give up.
    There is way more parity in FBS Football at every level now than ever. The committee knows it, but they are still trying to set the perception that there is not. It used to work, but there is too much TV and exposure for people to see these Great G5 teams.
    Beat Liberty and we will be in the CFP Top 25.

I love how the percentages have Norte Dame’s chances of making the CFP at 60%. More than Cincy at 46%. Now I’m not sure what goes into the percentage, but if they pass over an undefeated Cincy team for a Norte Dame team who lost to Cincinnati, oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

I just don’t understand how the committee is choosing these teams. Their logic seems to make sense one week then the next the same logic won’t apply? Head to head matters, right? Come on.
    They admit it themselves. They say each week is a new ranking and has nothing to do with the next ranking. There are no standards. I guarantee you there is some under the table stuff going on.

It’s all a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    They admit it themselves. They say each week is a new ranking and has nothing to do with the next ranking. There are no standards. I guarantee you there is some under the table stuff going on.

It’s all a lie.
    Why don't they just call this what it really is:

National Invitational FBS Championship

It is a bunch of selective guys making subjective decisions on who should and should not be invited to the playoff.

Conference wise, have not seen this in a long time. No CURRENT SBC team in the bottom 10.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.-hope-fleeting

At this point fellas, I’m hoping for (4) things: a) a drubbing of Liberty & ULM to finish 11-1 on regular season, b) a conference championship, c) a bowl game in Dallas/Houston/Memphis and d) a P-5 bowl opponent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information