Any scores on second game

3. Default Re: Cajuns at LSU&A&MC

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Cajuns up 7 6 after 5

Default Re: Cajuns at LSU&A&MC

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    After 5 of 8 innings the Cajuns are up by a run.

Fall ball is done. See you guys at the Tigue in 95 days.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Debarge is going to be an absolute stud
    From what I've heard, he reminds some of Blake Trahan. I watched him in a scrimmage and you can see some resemblances in his approach at the plate and the way he fields the position.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    From what I've heard, he reminds some of Blake Trahan. I watched him in a scrimmage and you can see some resemblances in his approach at the plate and the way he fields the position.
    Wow.. That's pretty good of a resemblance. He must have that "it" factor.

8. Default Re: Cajuns at LSU&A&MC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    https://twitter.com/KendallRogers/st...28311841746953

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Probably will push Lada to 2nd.

Was able to watch the first game. Bats look more competitive and we were aggressive without being dumb on the bases. Defense was good for the most part, but the grand slam never happens if Lada makes a play that should have been made at second. Pitchers gave up way too many free base runners (walks and hit batters). LSU definitely doesn’t win the first game if not for walks. I will say for the most part the pitchers made some big pitches in big situations to get out if jams, outside of the grand slam of course. I’m not familiar with a lot of the new players and I couldn’t hear the PA announcer over the music most of the time, so I really couldn’t give you any names. The one big exception, DeBarge. I went and looked him up once I saw him playing. He’s going to be a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    Was able to watch the first game. Bats look more competitive and we were aggressive without being dumb on the bases. Defense was good for the most part, but the grand slam never happens if Lada makes a play that should have been made at second. Pitchers gave up way too many free base runners (walks and hit batters). LSU definitely doesn’t win the first game if not for walks. I will say for the most part the pitchers made some big pitches in big situations to get out if jams, outside of the grand slam of course. I’m not familiar with a lot of the new players and I couldn’t hear the PA announcer over the music most of the time, so I really couldn’t give you any names. The one big exception, DeBarge. I went and looked him up once I saw him playing. He’s going to be a good one!
    Thanks for the in depth eye witness account .

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I bet he can sing too!

Debarge is on another level for a kid that just stepped onto campus. He'll be a top draft pick in 3 years.

14. Default Re: Cajuns at LSU&A&MC

Agree that we have to make pitches, but the umpires (they switched out every few innings) were not giving Cajun pitchers borderline calls. It was pretty aggravating. I liked the way most of our pitchers attacked their hitters. Ray matched Tigers ace Devin Fontenot pitch for pitch.

Bobby Lada is an enigma. He will start at second and he’ll make highlight reel plays (made a sick pick to start a 4-6-3 DP in the 5th). He’ll also fall asleep and make poor decisions. It’s just what he brings to the table. But he’ll probably be one of our best hitters. Really like #8 Mursuak (probably butchering spelling) in CF. Bazooka for an arm and showed some nice range. TR was in RF while Heath Hood played hot corner. Thought that was interesting. Rocco played some 1st base.

And yes, the standout was someone we’ve been learning about since scrimmages started. Kyle ‘Debo’ DeBarge. Freshmen SS out of Barbe. Word is, he’s a great locker room guy. The team loved him the moment He got to Lafayette. You can tell on the field also. Went 2-2 in his first 2 ABs with a heady RBI single in the hole that scored TR. He also looks to be very good defensively. One thing I noticed about him was his intensity. He’s ready to step on the field and compete. He takes it personally. Seems to have a love for the game and very high baseball IQ.

I liked Kelly’s defense behind the plate. Thought he handled pitchers will. We have a few throw back style players on this team, like Jack Clark. I think he’ll end up being a fan favorite.

We looked to be every bit as good as LSUA&M. It’s dangerous to take expectations from scrimmages but one thing is certain.. this is a totally different ball club.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Agree that we have to make pitches, but the umpires (they switched out every few innings) were not giving Cajun pitchers borderline calls. It was pretty aggravating. I liked the way most of our pitchers attacked their hitters. Ray matched Tigers ace Devin Fontenot pitch for pitch.

Bobby Lada is an enigma. He will start at second and he’ll make highlight reel plays (made a sick pick to start a 4-6-3 DP in the 5th). He’ll also fall asleep and make poor decisions. It’s just what he brings to the table. But he’ll probably be one of our best hitters. Really like #8 Mursuak (probably butchering spelling) in CF. Bazooka for an arm and showed some nice range. TR was in RF while Heath Hood played hot corner. Thought that was interesting. Rocco played some 1st base.

And yes, the standout was someone we’ve been learning about since scrimmages started. Kyle ‘Debo’ DeBarge. Freshmen SS out of Barbe. Word is, he’s a great locker room guy. The team loved him the moment He got to Lafayette. You can tell on the field also. Went 2-2 in his first 2 ABs with a heady RBI single in the hole that scored TR. He also looks to be very good defensively. One thing I noticed about him was his intensity. He’s ready to step on the field and compete. He takes it personally. Seems to have a love for the game and very high baseball IQ.

I liked Kelly’s defense behind the plate. Thought he handled pitchers will. We have a few throw back style players on this team, like Jack Clark. I think he’ll end up being a fan favorite.

We looked to be every bit as good as LSUA&M. It’s dangerous to take expectations from scrimmages but one thing is certain.. this is a totally different ball club.
    Love to hear it. Thanks for your assessment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information