Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship Week is Here!

Default Re: Cajuns Host Sunbelt Championship Game!

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    We will have 36,719 for the CCG. We also win 17-10!!! Witha record of 11-1 and will be ranked #17.
    My bad 12-1

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Basically we hand the keys over to the conference. It's their ball game.
    Correct. Does this apply to parking and tail-gating?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    The App State people were able to keep their parking spots. Not sure if they had to pay more for those games. Appalum1 could probably tell us more about that process.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I "think" for parking the belt takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    The App State people were able to keep their parking spots. Not sure if they had to pay more for those games. Appalum1 could probably tell us more about that process.
    True, but there is scant parking near the rock..most parking is on campus or off campus lots. Tailgating is spread out around campus...my point is its not relegated to a central location

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We had, what, 42 vs. Southern? App will travel a bit, but mostly it’ll be all Cajuns. Anything less than 35 will be a real disappointment.
    Prepare for disappointment. The only reason I think it's slightly possible to get 20k is that the conference and University has 3 weeks to pump up this game and hopefully neither team drops another game beforehand.
    I think people are underestimating the fact that ALL tickets have to be purchased full price, no $10 flash sale or big Mac promos.
    I hope we put 40k+ in Cajun Field, but I don't live in La-La land.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The university, media, fans, will get out in front of this. The big push for tickets is this week. You’ve got 2 more games. Don’t let the buzz die. Make it count this week.
    The whole state is invited! Biggest game in the history of this University and the state of LA.
    Has any team in Louisiana ever hosted a conference championship game? Just curious.
    We are LOUISIANA!

25k would be a best case IMHO.

I hate to say it, but that old "game day experiance" thing that has been a big fail on several levels in the last 4 years will put the final fork into this championship game...So many simple things that should have been done, but never were or were continually f'd up will have a striking effect on this game. We joke about casual fan, but the difference between 25k or so and 41k IS the casual fan. I'm hopeful the marketing effort from the SBC can make a difference. It will have too...

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I think for parking the belt takes over.
    Source?

11. Default Re: Cajuns Host Sunbelt Championship Game!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    All the email said was: Season ticket holders will be able to log-in and pay invoices Monday.
    Ticket information for non-season ticket holders will follow.

Maggard said on Twitter that info will be released in the next 24-48 hours
    Thanks a million!

40,000 easy.

Y’all are underestimating what this game means to alumni.

Everyone who’s ever graduated from UL is going to come back to this. Friends and family I’ve never heard talk about UL football say they plan on coming.

Only team in the state to play on conference championship Saturday, 230 kickoff, ESPN, first conference championship home game in school history.

I would be shocked if we don’t reach 40,000.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaC View Post
    40,000 easy.

Everyone who’s ever graduated from UL is going to come back to this. Friends and family I’ve never heard talk about UL football say they plan on coming.

Only team in the state to play on conference championship Saturday, 230 kickoff, ESPN, first conference championship home game in school history.

I can see over 30k. 40k might be pushing it a bit. And like you, I know a few alumni who are coming to town for this game who usually don't travel for ordinary home games.

14. Default Re: Cajuns Host Sunbelt Championship Game!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaC View Post
    40,000 easy.

I believe you are correct. This is a new special for Ragin Cajuns, akin to the first New Orleans Bowl, but much larger in significance.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I can see over 30k. 40k might be pushing it a bit. And like you, I know a few alumni who are coming to town for this game who usually don't travel for ordinary home games.
    I agree…40 is doable, but I think it’ll be closer to 35.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information