Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No confirmed cheese eaters here, even though you keep recommending it as a great accompanyment

Focus on the letter, not the numbers.
    Cheese is good in moderation, especially with a great bottle of wine . . .

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I have been away from the computer for a few days; so I have not commented on the game as yet.

IMO, this is the arguably best we have played this year; it is certainly the best we have played on the road. For those people who think that any criticism of Levi's performance in a game is "hate", this game is the perfect illustration of what Levi's critics think he should have been doing all year. He ran the ball when he had an opening to do so, and passed as well as he normally does. In other words, he played to his strengths. When he does that, he is as good as Vic thinks he is.

Congratulations to the team and to Levi in particular on a game well played. Now give us more of the same for the rest of the year.
    I was a bit worried that Troy won the stats battle, despite the score differential. But then I realized that when you can't run the ball, you're going to make a lot of passing yards.

However, you're also going to struggle in the compressed acreage of the red zone. And you're going to give up turnovers. Which is where we won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    I was a bit worried that Troy won the stats battle, despite the score differential.
    Statistics are for losers.

4. UL Football Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

We won the most important stat W. We also won the second most important stat turnovers. But as I often say many turnovers are about two things. Ball security, the better teams usually do better on that, and playing from the top. Playing from the top creates more opportunities to force turnovers.

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We won the most important stat W. We also won the second most important stat turnovers. But as I often say many turnovers are about two things. Ball security, the better teams usually do better on that, and playing from the top. Playing from the top creates more opportunities to force turnovers.
    Well glad somebody else here appreciates the value of the W.

I was a bit worried that Troy won the stats battle, despite the score differential. But then I realized that when you can't run the ball, you're going to make a lot of passing yards.

However, you're also going to struggle in the compressed acreage of the red zone. And you're going to give up turnovers. Which is where we won the game.
    After we took a two score lead we played rather soft on defense and conservative on offense. That is the only reason Troy had more total yards than the Cajuns. My major disappointment with the Troy game was the Trojans fourth down success. They were 5 for 5. Need to improve on that stat going forward.

7. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    After we took a two score lead we played rather soft on defense and conservative on offense. That is the only reason Troy had more total yards than the Cajuns. My major disappointment with the Troy game was the Trojans fourth down success. They were 5 for 5. Need to improve on that stat going forward.
    That . and in general, far too many 3rd/4th and long situations (7+ yards) that were converted.

Brian

8. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

Those 4th and long situations are always tough. I can’t say if we did a poor job of rushing and containment, or they did a great job of protecting.

Ultimately we have to realize The Cajuns have forced teams to go fourth and long early in the game very often. That’s really something good rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Statistics are for losers.
    Sorry you feel that way about me.

Since you brought it up, however: link.

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

Sorry you feel that way about me.

Since you brought it up, however: link.
    Statistics are for winners.

Just to clarify, the phrase "Statistics are for losers" is an old adage that I did not make up. It refers to cases where losing teams try to justify a moral victory points by pointing to the fact that they out-gained the opposing team in yardage, time of possession, etc., when the only stat. that really matters is the score.

12. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 35, Troy 21

Score: Only statistic that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Score: Only statistic that matters.
    Is that what the boys in the frat house used to say?

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25

Thread Information