Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: Games of interest

1. Default Re: Games of interest

SEC Buyers remorse - from ESPN Article

A monkey belonging to a Texas assistant coach's girlfriend allegedly attacked a Halloween trick-or-treater, and now that's not even the most ridiculous thing to come out of this season for the Longhorns.

Steve Sarkisian promised an all-gas, no-brakes philosophy this season, and in fairness to him, he did not ever suggest he wasn't talking about driving the Longhorns into the side of a 7-11.

In the aftermath of the stunning Kansas victory, we received this transcript of a call to Big 12 headquarters leaked by a source we'll identify only as "B. Bowlsby." Ah, that's too obvious. Let's say, "Bob B."

Caller 1: Thank you for calling Big 12 customer service. How may I direct your call?

Caller 2: Um, returns, I guess.

Caller 1: Hold please.

"Dust in the Wind" by Kansas plays.

Caller 3: Big 12 returns and exchanges. May I ask who's calling?

Caller 2: Yes, this is Greg Sankey.

Caller 3: How can we help you, Mr. Sankey?

Caller 2: I have two football teams I'd like to return.

Caller 3: I see. Was there a problem with your purchase?

Caller 2: Yes. I think they may be defective.

Caller 3: OK, sir. Do you have a receipt?

Caller 2: Well, no, but Texas A&M did leak the news of our purchase to its local newspaper. Will that suffice?

Caller 3: I'm sorry, sir. We require a receipt to process any returns.

Caller 2: I see. Well, what about store credit? We could be interested in possibly picking up a Cincinnati in a year or two.

Caller 3: Again, I'm sorry. Cincinnati is on back order currently.

Caller 2: Ah, OK. Well this is certainly disappointing.

Caller 3: Is there anything more I can do for you, sir?

Caller 2: One last question. I notice you're adding UCF. I'm wondering if you might be interested in having a local rival for them? We've got some Florida baggage we're looking to unload at a very affordable price.

Caller 2: Hello?

Caller 2: We can throw in the Texas monkey, too. Hello?

*end of transcript*

Default Re: Games of interest

Not holding out much hope for the CFP rankings. The committee will put like a 7-3 Kansas State or Arizona State in over us. Houston should crack it at 9-1 which is good for Cincy. I still have a feeling that Moo State will be in the discussion at 6-4 because they beat Auburn. That’s ridiculous to think about, but then again, the committee is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    They’ll find a way to keep us out of the CFP. Bad losses vs. not “good loses.”
    If we win out, we’ll be in the final ranking.

But, honestly, who cares? This so called “playoff poll” is a complete lie. It’s fake. It’s nothing more than a beauty pageant done by and for a bunch of elitist jackholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

But, honestly, who cares? This so called “playoff poll” is a complete lie. It’s fake. It’s nothing more than a beauty pageant done by and for a bunch of elitist jackholes.
    Totally agree, but it’s what we have to deal with. It’s mostly a recognition thing now. At least for us.

I’m just rooting for anything to get Cincy into the top 4. I don’t think it’ll happen, but I’m hoping. You need to have some sliver of hope that a G5 can compete for a national championship in this formate.

The committee is a joke and when you have espn commentators criticizing it on the same network that airs the rankings show, that tell you a little.

Another offseason spent “nationally ranked” is good for the brand

6. Default Re: Games of interest

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Any time nationally ranked in any sport no matter how short is good for the brand. It is what it is as to how we get there, just get there.

The fact that we are ranked in the traditional polls and not the fake poll should tell people something.

We shouldn’t point to the fake poll as the purveyor of truth. Don’t give them that power.

The fact that we are ranked in the traditional polls and not the fake poll should tell people something.

We shouldn’t point to the fake poll as the purveyor of truth. Don’t give them that power.
    They already have that power. Most articles, and fans, will point to the CFP poll rather than AP or Coaches.

So, if you didn’t see the end of the Texas Kansas game, it was really nice. Kansas wins, and of course you could here the proverbial pin drop. Then all of a sudden, the Kansas fans in attendance troll Texas big time. “SEC! SEC! SEC!.”

UT’s 5 game losing streak longest in 65 years.

RECRUITING
    RECRUITING
    RECRUITING !!!!!

Reddit has a video of the parents of the kid who caught the winning 2 point conversion. It is so good. They didn’t even know he was in the game. Sorry I don’t know how to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Reddit has a video of the parents of the kid who caught the winning 2 point conversion. It is so good. They didn’t even know he was in the game. Sorry I don’t know how to post it.
    Twitter video

Apparently the kid is a walk-on and this game was the first game he got some offensive snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The thing is an LSU win means nothing at this point. They’re under Title IX investigation, getting a new football coach, and maybe have their basketball collapse.
    I agree with all of that, still will never pull for them to win. They can go to Walmart for fans.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    We don't tease on this board! You have some homework to do!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    We don't tease on this board! You have some homework to do!

Never mind, RedTails did it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information