Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MBB Inks Chancellor White

Default Basketball Commitment Chancellor White

https://twitter.com/chancehoops23/st...219778565?s=21

Looks to be a solid pick up. Class of 22 6’6” SG out of the Houston area. Had offers from Houston, Colorado, Rice, LA Tech among others.

Default Re: Basketball Commitment Chancellor White

His dad played for Marlin

“Ragin” is misspelled in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    His dad played for Marlin
    And he still wanted to play here oof

He made the announcement on a local radio show in Houston. I went back and watched the interview and have to say I was impressed. He was very well spoken and seemed to be very level headed about his recruitment process. He had committed to East Carolina last October without taking a visit (probably due to Covid). He said he realized when he finally got to campus this summer it wasn’t the place for him and opened up his recruitment once again. He said he felt at home with the other players on the UL visit and that it was the only place he had visited where he didn’t find one player on the team that secretly told him it was a bad situation and he should stay away. He was also very complimentary of Brock Morris and said that in the brief time he got to work with him he learned things about his game that would definitely help him during his Senior high school season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    He made the announcement on a local radio show in Houston. I went back and watched the interview and have to say I was impressed. He was very well spoken and seemed to be very level headed about his recruitment process. He had committed to East Carolina last October without taking a visit (probably due to Covid). He said he realized when he finally got to campus this summer it wasn’t the place for him and opened up his recruitment once again. He said he felt at home with the other players on the UL visit and that it was the only place he had visited where he didn’t find one player on the team that secretly told him it was a bad situation and he should stay away. He was also very complimentary of Brock Morris and said that in the brief time he got to work with him he learned things about his game that would definitely help him during his Senior high school season.
    I believe his Dad is a successful businessman in the Houston area.

8. Default Re: Basketball Commitment Chancellor White

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Evidently some kids learn Photoshop before they learn to spell.

Sounds like a good get! Hope he signs.

11. UL Basketball MBB Inks Chancellor White

Louisiana Men's Basketball has signed Chancellor White, head coach Bob Marlin announced on Wednesday. White is 6-6 shooting guard from Richmond City, Texas.

A three-star prospect out of Foster High School, White is the 33rd ranked recruit in his home state according to 247Sports and the 56th ranked shooting guard in the country.

Marlin has sustained a close relationship with White's family for many years having previously coached his father, Frank at Sam Houston from 1996-98.

"Coach Marlin is another father figure for me…" White told 247 earlier this year. "That relationship has always been there. He values rebounding and playing hard all the time. I feel that is what I do well. He is a player's coach and that was an attractive thing for me."

As a junior, White led Foster High School to an 18-7 record averaging 18.7 points, 5.4 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.7 steals.

"Chancellor gives our program a versatile athlete on the wing that is a constant threat to score with his shooting ability," Marlin said. "We are excited to welcome him to our family and looking forward to having him in Lafayette."

The signing marks Louisiana's first of the 2022 class.

White is the 33rd ranked recruit in the state of Texas

Default Re: MBB Inks Chancellor White

where is that red room they take the pictures in?

maybe RP could rent it, and we could all make matching avatars for our RP Handle

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    maybe RP could rent it, and we could all make matching avatars for our RP Handle
    Lol Nah, instead of spending money, do what I did and create your own. All I did was find a picture of a mountain (since I live in Colorado), got a png of a FDL, and then added a text box and put my username in it. I used Google Drawing and it was really easy!

About White: I think this was a good sign and I look forward to watching him in the future! Welcome Chancellor!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    where is that red room they take the pictures in?
    It's in the Cox Building.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information