Thread: Basketball vs Baseball/Softball Attendance

UL Basketball Basketball vs Baseball/Softball Attendance

Look at it like this. Regardless of the night or team baseball and softball draws more than basketball had last night.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Look at it like this. Regardless of the night or team baseball and softball draws more than basketball had last night.
    Look at it like this. Regardless what MBB does there’s a faction that will find fault every time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Look at it like this. Regardless what MBB does there’s a faction that will find fault every time.
    Well if they win consistently then the crowd size will definitely grow.

And what? Not sure what your point is but you are incorrect. Softball averaged about 1,300 people last season per game. Basketball usually averages 3 times that for home games.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And what? Not sure what your point is but you are incorrect. Softball averaged about 1,300 people last season per game. Basketball usually averages 3 times that for home games.
    You would be wrong. Basketball doesn't average 4k per game. And when softball plays double headers and there are 1800 fans in the stands they count it as 2 games divided into the 1800 fans, not 1800 per game. It brings the average down.

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Bullies will bully, zephyr, don't you know you are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Are you going by Covid (off by a lot) numbers or 2019?
    In general basketball should outdraw the stick sports. And most of the time lately they haven't.

You would be wrong. Basketball doesn't average 4k per game. And when softball plays double headers and there are 1800 fans in the stands they count it as 2 games divided into the 1800 fans, not 1800 per game. It brings the average down.
    Actually you would be wrong. We averaged 4,000 as recently as 2018 before the world went to ____ with Covid. And I don't care how they average it out for softball, 1,800 is still half of what you'd find at most basketball games at best.

However, I'd still like to ask what your point is about. I know you are a softball diehard and all but what was the point about the nonfactual post to ____ on basketball attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    With a couple of wins on the road against USM and Marshall and hopefully play well or win at Indiana, I can see us getting 6k+ in the dome after the football season ends. This will be a fun team to watch.
    It's possible. That 2018 team averaged 4,000 fans per game for the season but that was with small numbers playing at the early part of the season against teams like last night. They were routinely putting in over 4,500-5,000 fans per night after football ended so that average would have been higher. People also took note how good that team could be and wanted to see it. I think this year could be similar and I hope the regular season success is similar as well.

Thread Information