Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

I (and several others I know) used to come here daily, but now only rarely visit due to a couple people who have single-handedly ruined Ragin Pagin.

It is way past time for a moderator to step up and ban the trouble makers. It should have been done years ago, but since it has not, the agitators have realized there are no consequences and basically do whatever they want.

It has grown to the point where I’m equally upset with the lack of action taken to correct the issue as I am with the ones who are ruining Ragin Pagin.

GEAUX CAJUNS

2. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I (and several others I know) used to come here daily, but now only rarely visit due to a couple people who have single-handedly ruined Ragin Pagin.

It is way past time for a moderator to step up and ban the trouble makers. It should have been done years ago, but since it has not, the agitators have realized there are no consequences and basically do whatever they want.

It has grown to the point where I’m equally upset with the lack of action taken to correct the issue as I am with the ones who are ruining Ragin Pagin.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    My apologies.

What worked for 19 years (reasoning with someone) doesn't seem to work as well anymore.

Admittedly I am slow to turn to turn this ship around, but it's not our maiden voyage.

What appears to the less frequent visitor to be "lack of action" has been anything but, and is actually a full time job.

I have cleaned up thousands of posts by the perpetrators hoping they come to their senses.

Agendas seem to have control of all reasonable thought.

Make no mistake I am working on a solution.

Thanks for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My apologies.

What worked for 19 years (reasoning with someone) doesn't seem to work as well anymore.

Admittedly I am slow to turn to turn this ship around, but it's not our maiden voyage.

What appears to the less frequent visitor to be "lack of action" has been anything but, and is actually a full time job.

I have cleaned up thousands of posts by the perpetrators hoping they come to their senses.

Thank you Turbine!
    A lot has to do with today's changing world and unfiltered, unregulated internet and social media. People feel that they can post or do anything now when they would never do it face to face. We need to remember that there are actually humans behind these keyboards and posts.

Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    My passion for UL, then USL started in 1995. Two degrees and an opportunity to teach as an adjunct instructor later, have only increased my love for the university. 2002, that's when I joined Ragin Pagin. I remember the days of talking Ragin Cajuns on the Delphi Forums. Having an opportunity to talk UL with others was a gift. Turbine gave us a great platform with Ragin Pagin to talk UL and Ragin Cajun athletics. Ragin Pagin is a place of comradery where we can all talk about the university we love.

With that said, the last several months have been difficult. Personalities have been at the forefront of numerous conversations rather than the university we love. Discussions quickly get derailed by name-calling and snide remarks. Daily reported posts have become the norm rather than the exception. I don't expect all of us to be friends or even get along, we will definitely have differing opinions on the direction of the university and athletics. However, I have to ask, "Can we get back to talking UL and stop with the personality conflicts and personal attacks?" I know I'm not fond of it and I know others aren't as well. I don't expect that we will all sing Kumbaya together, but at least can we put aside quarrels and get back to singing this,

Fight on Cajuns, fight on to victoryfor the red and white.
    We will sing of triumph and glory
    for our team tonight.
    You will hear the rage of the Cajuns
    so let's give a YELL! (Ayeee!)
    Hustle up and bustle up and fight on to victory.
    Geaux UL!

In Ragin' Cajun Pride,
    Adrian Perron
    UL Class of 2007 and 2012
    well said

My apologies.

Turbine, this is a first class message board. Thanks for all of your efforts to give us Cajun fans an avenue to come and discuss all of our passion - UL athletics.

Sure, sometimes a large portion of posters say things we probably shouldn’t say, myself definitely included in that number. But that doesn’t mean this isn’t one of the best boards out there. And the great thing here - there is no subscription. You provide this site to all of us for FREE!

I don’t know you other than as Turbine, but I can tell you’re a good man. You shouldn’t ever have to apologize to us all regarding this site - ever.

Thanks Turbine. I know it’s a lot of work to keep the site not hidden by a paywall or censor to where it’s fairies and unicorn milk for everyone.

Appreciate your work now and in the future to prevent your site looking like the Delphi days or more recently RR.

Bless You.

ZZ

Go Cajuns!

My apologies.

Thanks, Turbine. Appreciate all that you do and giving us all an official summary of things.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

I whole-heartedly agree with 77. I use this board to keep up with the goings on of Louisiana athletics, and other news pertaining to our beloved university. I don't care which way you lean politically, or how you feel about vaccines, or whether you think Biden is sleepy and dumb, or if you think Trump is a crook and a fraud. There are other forums available to express those views. I also don't give a rat's behind how you feel personally about any other poster here. This is not a "Mean Girls" forum. I trust Turbine to keep this board focused on matters relating to athletics primarily and also news and events surrounding campus life . Geaux Cajuns!

Turbine,

Thanks for all you do. My post was definitely not 100% directed at you.

I’m sure most everyone here is aware of your time and effort given to not only Ragin Pagin, but also Cajun fans. You have been more than patient with the everyone, even at times most of us would not.

Once again, thanks for all you do.

My apologies.

Thanks for all you do Turbine. I still can't believe that you don't charge for this site, but that is a topic for another day. I have been knowing Turbine since his tinting car days. He is a first class guy.

11. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Have you gauged interest on a pay wall, Jon? I’ve said for a decade, I’d gladly pay to use the service. I think it would solve a lot of issues. Maybe put it to a vote among tenured members of Delphi/RP?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

GEAUX CAJUNS
    THIS! 1000%

Thank you Turbine! Also, is there a way to make donations to the page? I would gladly do so!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Have you gauged interest on a pay wall, Jon? I’ve said for a decade, I’d gladly pay to use the service. I think it would solve a lot of issues. Maybe put it to a vote among tenured members of Delphi/RP?
    $5 per month who be $60 for a yearly member. 60 members might cover operating expenses for a year.

Thank you Turbine and 77! We really appreciate what you guys have done for the forum. It is true, however, that many in this forum have begun to cause issues. Truthfully, I've gotten a little brave with my actions as well, but my intent was never to troll or fight others when I joined the forum. I really hope one day we can get back to having non-toxic discussions, like it was when I would read the forum as a guest. GEAUX CAJUNS!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information