Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

1. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

My passion for UL, then USL started in 1995. Two degrees and an opportunity to teach as an adjunct instructor later, have only increased my love for the university. 2002, that's when I joined Ragin Pagin. I remember the days of talking Ragin Cajuns on the Delphi Forums. Having an opportunity to talk UL with others was a gift. Turbine gave us a great platform with Ragin Pagin to talk UL and Ragin Cajun athletics. Ragin Pagin is a place of comradery where we can all talk about the university we love.

With that said, the last several months have been difficult. Personalities have been at the forefront of numerous conversations rather than the university we love. Discussions quickly get derailed by name-calling and snide remarks. Daily reported posts have become the norm rather than the exception. I don't expect all of us to be friends or even get along, we will definitely have differing opinions on the direction of the university and athletics. However, I have to ask, "Can we get back to talking UL and stop with the personality conflicts and personal attacks?" I know I'm not fond of it and I know others aren't as well. I don't expect that we will all sing Kumbaya together, but at least can we put aside quarrels and get back to singing this,

Fight on Cajuns, fight on to victoryfor the red and white.
    We will sing of triumph and glory
    for our team tonight.
    You will hear the rage of the Cajuns
    so let's give a YELL! (Ayeee!)
    Hustle up and bustle up and fight on to victory.
    Geaux UL!

In Ragin' Cajun Pride,
    Adrian Perron
    UL Class of 2007 and 2012

Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    My passion for UL, then USL started in 1995. Two degrees and an opportunity to teach as an adjunct instructor later, have only increased my love for the university. 2002, that's when I joined Ragin Pagin. I remember the days of talking Ragin Cajuns on the Delphi Forums. Having an opportunity to talk UL with others was a gift. Turbine gave us a great platform with Ragin Pagin to talk UL and Ragin Cajun athletics. Ragin Pagin is a place of comradery where we can all talk about the university we love.

With that said, the last several months have been difficult. Personalities have been at the forefront of numerous conversations rather than the university we love. Discussions quickly get derailed by name-calling and snide remarks. Daily reported posts have become the norm rather than the exception. I don't expect all of us to be friends or even get along, we will definitely have differing opinions on the direction of the university and athletics. However, I have to ask, "Can we get back to talking UL and stop with the personality conflicts and personal attacks?" I know I'm not fond of it and I know others aren't as well. I don't expect that we will all sing Kumbaya together, but at least can we put aside quarrels and get back to singing this,

for our team tonight.
    Geaux UL!

In Ragin' Cajun Pride,
    Adrian Perron
    Great post Mr. Perron.

I feel your pain.
    There are about a half dozen On this board who exercise various degrees -high to Medium- of intense narcissistic behavior. Self professed Know it alls who are convinced they have all the answers and insight and will attempt to beat down any conflicting opinions.
    Almost what the most radical woke folks do in todays media right?

I agree. I hate all of the personal back biting. This forum has gotten to the point where it is almost no fun anymore. I hope those involved will take your message to heart or they may end talking to themselves. I am certain that you and I are not the only ones sick of this stuff.

I agree that we need to get back to polite, civil conversations about Louisiana Athletics. We all share a common interest to win and goal to grow our brand. I am committed to our cULture!

6. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    I feel your pain.
    There are about a half dozen On this board who exercise various degrees -high to Medium- of intense narcissistic behavior. Self professed Know it alls who are convinced they have all the answers and insight and will attempt to beat down any conflicting opinions.
    This right here is what needs to be fixed . . . You can peruse the board after this thread was posted and find a couple of them still in action

for our team tonight.
    Geaux UL!

In Ragin' Cajun Pride,
    Adrian Perron
    I don’t think it could be said any better and I think many feel the same way!!! Props to you sir!

Sadly, the main instigator will come on here (if he hasnt already...i put him on the ignore list) and blame others and act innocent.

9. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This right here is what needs to be fixed . . . You can peruse the board after this thread was posted and find a couple of them still in action
    .>………..I have a solution for the problem….no more “ad hominems”……maybe a couple of warnings and suspension is the result…..>we all will be warned and say after 3 warnings the suspension goes in effect…..Tbine it is really messing up a VERY GOOD Thing we have going……time for action!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Sadly, the main instigator will come on here (if he hasnt already...i put him on the ignore list) and blame others and act innocent.
    Mr. ______ posted about an hour before you did and did exactly as you described. I know he’s not oblivious to the fact that everyone here is tired of his shtik, but he somehow still thinks his actions are justified.

11. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

I feel your pain.
    Glad to see 3406 stepped up to the plate . . .

12. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

for our team tonight.
    Geaux UL!

In Ragin' Cajun Pride,
    Adrian Perron
    Well said, I got into a p!zzing contest with BWK recently and after all was said and done it aint worth it. Their are very few people on this board that I dislike, but unfortunately with as many passionate fans that we have here we are going to disagree, the problem is it is the ones that come here specifically to stir up cr@p that I don't appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Well said, I got into a p!zzing contest with BWK recently and after all was said and done it aint worth it. Their are very few people on this board that I dislike, but unfortunately with as many passionate fans that we have here we are going to disagree, the problem is it is the ones that come here specifically to stir up cr@p that I don't appreciate.
    I block all of the tech posters and the one's that like to argue about everything and it runs much smoother

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Jeweler the ignore button will be your best friend. You will enjoy the board now.

15. Default Re: Let's Talk Ragin Pagin

I feel your pain.
    Glad to see JMV has stepped up to the plate . . . he is taking a licking on the board this morning and Vic is nowhere around.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information