Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That’s why I said “renovate.”
    That building is so old and outdated its beyond renovation. Better served knocking it down and building a new one.

2. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Ticketmaster is a larger profit center than Louisiana on events where they handle tickets for us. Let that sink in.

3. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Wesley should of gotten a flagrant foul in the las minute of the game. He flat threw the UWF player to the floor. How those guys missed it not a clue.
    Well he is kind of low to the floor so it might have been seen as something else.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I was googling old pictures of Blackham, and noticed this:

Is this how it looked when it first opened inside? Or was this an artist's rendition? Bracing looks a lot cooler than current day.

Also saw this one too, but this is definitely an artist's rendering:
    This was the original building. The seating was expanded later which led to the current look.

5. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

If CajunField can be renovated, anything can be renovated.

#RenovateBlackham

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Season Opener Tonight

Yes, someone I was convincing to go to a game told me it was $81 for two GA tickets with ticketmaster fees for App State. That's why I had created a thread to go to box office in person ahead of game for family four pack.
    There's no way a family of four casual fans are showing up to a game when a $60 worth of tickets will cost them $136.80. This hurts attendance way more than concession prices.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This was the original building. The seating was expanded later which led to the current look.
    Woof. Talk about a downgrade in aesthetics.

8. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Woof. Talk about a downgrade in aesthetics.
    Well, after Cajun Field is renovated, we'd need ~$110MM. That'd tear down old Blackham and build a close copy of Baylor's new fieldhouse - scaled to whatever seating size you'd want: https://www.chron.com/sports/college.y-13829601.php

I honestly didn't know Blackham went through an expansion. The original design is beautiful but look how little seating there was. That couldn't have been very much of an increase over EKL capacity wise. Why even build it that small to begin with?

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That building is so old and outdated its beyond renovation. Better served knocking it down and building a new one.
    Blackham is probably more structurally sound than the CajunDome.

But you are right, about it being old.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I honestly didn't know Blackham went through an expansion. The original design is beautiful but look how little seating there was. That couldn't have been very much of an increase over EKL capacity wise. Why even build it that small to begin with?
    Probably because nobody figured you'd have more than a couple of thousand people at a basketball game. In the fall semester 1968, Blakcham was being renovated. MBB was played at EKL. Marvn Winkler was on the team, and, I think Lamar was a freshman. Even EKL was not sold out. Two years later, 11,000 for a sold out Blackham was the norm.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Season Opener Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This is outrageous. To buy a ticket to a UL game I have to pay UL $14, pay the Cajundome $10, and pay Ticketmaster $20.85. Seriously, WTF? No wonder casual fans don't go to games.
    Throw in 50 bucks plus for food for that family of four, that’s knocking at a $150.00 outing. Make half the home games, that’s 1k plus. Family has kids playing sports, guess where that discretionary income is being spent? Not at UL basketball.

Think that hasn’t cut into attendance any? That’s something Maggard needs to handle.

I don’t know where y’all are coming up with those crazy costs to attend MBB. My wife paid $13 last night at the dome box office. Very reasonable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I don’t know where y’all are coming up with those crazy costs to attend MBB. My wife paid $13 last night at the dome box office. Very reasonable cost.
    The crazy costs we are talking about is purchasing tickets online via Ticketmaster. See screenshot below for the cost of one $7 ticket through Ticketmaster for the game against Xavier:

Casual fan is more likely to look for tickets online (sent to Ticketmaster from www.ragincajuns.com ticket central) than to know to go to the dome box office.

Friend of mine (casual) got sticker shock when he went to check out on Ticketmaster for two GA tickets to a football game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Not dreaming anything up. That was probably a seat in the corner. The actually ticket price is affordable, I was on the free throw line 11 rows up and that ticket is $15 ($21 with fees in person). It’s the crazy fees added online, which is what the casual fan see, that drives them away.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information