Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I noticed one ref reported a flopping call to scores table.

Is that new this year??
    I don't know, but I did see the 2 Cajun fans getting on the UWF player that flopped after an attempted 3. He took the ribbing pretty well. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I noticed one ref reported a flopping call to scores table.

Is that new this year??
    They had the rule last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Absolutely, me and Chuck were commenting about that during the game last night. The officiating crew was great! Bring them back every game, please.
    Hope to make a few games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Greg Williams Jr. did a good job in running the team in the 15 minutes he played. Garnett also did well at 2 and showed he deserved the start. Having said that, we may be better off if someone else plays point efficiently and Greg goes to the 2 spot. Perhaps Au can fill that role. I bet they hold him out a little longer but if he is healthy they need to get him some time prior to conference play.
    Yep. I thought Greg ran the point very well. He's going to be a key guy for us this year. I want to see some better shooting but I liked what I saw out there.

Joe Charles made a couple nice shots last night, but man I have to believe he is going to have trouble getting his shot off vs better, taller teams. His release point is at his chest. Never seen anything like it. LOL

Joe Charles made a couple nice shots last night, but man I have to believe he is going to have trouble getting his shot off vs better, taller teams. His release point is at his chest. Never seen anything like it. LOL
    Yes, I wasn't expecting that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Actually you would be wrong. We averaged 4,000 as recently as 2018 before the world went to ____ with Covid. And I don't care how they average it out for softball, 1,800 is still half of what you'd find at most basketball games at best.
    With a couple of wins on the road against USM and Marshall and hopefully play well or win at Indiana, I can see us getting 6k+ in the dome after the football season ends. This will be a fun team to watch.

With a couple of wins on the road against USM and Marshall and hopefully play well or win at Indiana, I can see us getting 6k+ in the dome after the football season ends. This will be a fun team to watch.
    Dang l! we are starting conference really early this year with southern miss and marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Hope to make a few games this year.
    Your seats were empty last night. Maybe it's not too late. Haha.

10. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

On a side note, we beat a division II team by a lot less points than LSU beat the Hoax. I’m not sure if that’s a reflection on us, the Hoax, or LSU.

11. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, West Florida 47

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    On a side note, we beat a division II team by a lot less points than LSU beat the Hoax. I’m not sure if that’s a reflection on us, the Hoax, or LSU.
    I think LSU is going to be pretty good this year, I watched a little of their game and they are talented. ULM should be better but they did not show it last night. They brought in a bunch of new players this year including two transfers, Andre Jones who started his career at LR and then went to Nicholls who is pretty good as well as Reggie Gee who started his career at Alabama State and then played at Austin Peay, they are going to take some time to get all the pieces together. But they were picked to be last in the conference, so I would not think that they will be great, they will just be better. One thing is that a Keith Richard team will play hard.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think LSU is going to be pretty good this year, I watched a little of their game and they are talented. ULM should be better but they did not show it last night. They brought in a bunch of new players this year including two transfers, Andre Jones who started his career at LR and then went to Nicholls who is pretty good as well as Reggie Gee who started his career at Alabama State and then played at Austin Peay, they are going to take some time to get all the pieces together. But they were picked to be last in the conference, so I would not think that they will be great, they will just be better. One thing is that a Keith Richard team will play hard.
    I think ULM loss by 80 Points!!! They will suck again this year!!!

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Season Opener Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Gotcha. They used to charge a fee if you used a card and no fee if you paid with cash. Was just wondering.
    Went check just now. For the seat I had last night, it was $21 in person and would have been $32.40 online.

14. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Season Opener Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Went check just now. For the seat I had last night, it was $21 in person and would have been $32.40 online.
    Had this same conversation right before the game. We will discuss in depth tonight when we record the basketball episode. I suspect you'll agree with some of my thoughts on this

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Basketball Season Opener Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I always knew fees were excessive but I never stopped to consider how bad they actually are. I just pulled up 2 tickets to the JSU game on Ticketmaster. This is what I got:

Standard Tickets: $7.00 x 2 $14.00

Service Fee: $8.65 x 2 $17.30
    Facility Charge: $5.00 x 2 $10.00
    Order Processing Fee $3.55

Total $44.85

This is outrageous. To buy a ticket to a UL game I have to pay UL $14, pay the Cajundome $10, and pay Ticketmaster $20.85. Seriously, WTF? No wonder casual fans don't go to games. A family of 4 is paying damn near $100 to get in the building. How is UL okay with Ticketmaster taking the lion's share of the walk up gate?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information