Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Louisiana Ranking 2021-11-07

Default Re: Louisiana Ranking 2021-11-07

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    FIVE 6-3 teams!!
    And an undefeated OU team behind FIVE one loss teams!!!
    This is supposed to be “the fairer way”???
    Quality losses. Get used to it.

I couldn’t even bring myself to watch. I was cautiously optimistic last week, but that was foolish. Not so much for the Cajuns, but hoping to see a bit more of a fair shot to teams that have performed well outside of the top, say, 30 teams that you always see in these things. Why even have Coaches and AP polls at this point in the season?

2. Default Re: Louisiana Ranking 2021-11-07

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Why even have Coaches and AP polls at this point in the season?
    AP isn’t dependent on the commission. Coaches Poll isn’t either. I suppose we could have an Acadiana poll that’s as valid as those 3. The CFP is the only one that matters for the top 4. After that pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    FIVE 6-3 teams!!
    And an undefeated OU team behind FIVE one loss teams!!!
    This is supposed to be “the fairer way”???
    The committee’s hard on for the Big 10 is ridiculous. They also have a bit of a schizophrenic view on the Big 12. The fact that OU and Wake friggin Forest were neck and neck in the rankings as undefeated teams was odd. And then Baylor loses this week to unranked TCU, who just fired their coach, and they barely drop in the rankings (1 spot). Yet Kentucky(18) and Moo St(17) lose to an average team and borderline T25 team and they fall out the rankings altogether. I thought Houston would for sure be in over either us or Coastal, but it looks like the committee is trying really hard to avoid giving Cincy a Top 25 opponent in the AAC title game.

I am glad we beat UTSA in our last bowl game with 90% of the teams we have now. I guess the voters blew that off

I thought we would get in…oh well. Just keep winning. 6-3 Utah at 25 is comical. The PAC is hot garbage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information