Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Other games. Nov 6

Default Re: Other games. Nov 6

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Well Mullen might get fired tonight….
    That’s a bit scary. Billy would do well at Florida.

Man, that UTSA win the the bowl looks real good. They are a solid team.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That Texas loss looking kind of bad.
    We had no tape on Sark and very little with QB1. I’m not suggesting the committee thinks this way, but damn we play Texas week 4 it’s a different game altogether.

I feel Louisiana is a lock for the CFP Top 25 on Tuesday.

4. Default Re: Other games. Nov 6

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    We had no tape on Sark and very little with QB1. I’m not suggesting the committee thinks this way, but damn we play Texas week 4 it’s a different game altogether.

100% Rock Solid?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    100% Rock Solid?
    You never know…I just can’t see them keeping us out. Finished 2020 in the CFP and are one of the winningest programs over the last few years.

Fresno is likely the only one to drop out. Houston will likely take their place.

I was listening to the LSU - Alabama game while exercising tonight. I have to say it was very entertaining. Looked like Bama was going to run away with it in the second quarter but LSU hung tough. I figured Bama would win but not by 28.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Fresno is likely the only one to drop out. Houston will likely take their place.
    I don’t see Fresno, Minnesota, Miss. St. or Kentucky staying ranked. SDSU still TBD.

Maybe I’m being a homer?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I was listening to the LSU - Alabama game while exercising tonight. I have to say it was very entertaining. Looked like Bama was going to run away with it in the second quarter but LSU hung tough. I figured Bama would win but not by 28.
    Close wins count double in the sec.

I don’t see Fresno, Minnesota, Miss. St. or Kentucky staying ranked. SDSU still TBD.

Maybe I’m being a homer?
    Fresno and Minnesota will be out. Pitt and SDSU will move up. Doubt SEC bias will allow both Moo St and Kentucky to drop out. You may see us sneak in, but I’m also of the thought that Houston gets in above us. I’m like 50/50 we get in, but don’t think it’s a lock.

ETA: forgot to mention, watch for Arkansas or Penn St. to move in, possibly instead of us. More so Arkansas because they beat a ranked Moo St.

Quote Originally Posted by jhaan79 View Post
    And a nail in Cincy's coffin with the Memphis win over SMU
    You sure about that? Cincy will move up to 5 on Tuesday with the Michigan St loss. Teams below Cincy are ND who is 10th and they beat them, Wake lost at 9, OU is off this weekend at 8, and then to me you can't put Michigan at 7 in front of Michigan St one week after they faced one another, so thinking Michigan St drops to 6. As long as Cincy wins out, I think they get in as long as Oregon loses, I think that’s their best shot. Bama losing the SEC CG to Georgia may also drop Bama enough to get Cincy in.

ETA: forgot that Cincinnati and Houston don’t play in the regular season this year. Houston is likely in Top 25 this week, meaning if both win out, the AAC championship will be a Top 25 affair.

12. Default Re: Other games. Nov 6

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    You sure about that? Cincy will move up to 5 on Tuesday with the Michigan St loss. Teams below Cincy are ND who is 10th and they beat them, Wake lost at 9, OU is off this weekend at 8, and then to me you can't put Michigan at 7 in front of Michigan St one week after they faced one another, so thinking Michigan St drops to 6. As long as Cincy wins out, I think they get in as long as Oregon loses, I think that’s their best shot. Bama losing the SEC CG to Georgia may also drop Bama enough to get Cincy in.

ETA: forgot that Cincinnati and Houston don’t play in the regular season this year. Houston is likely in Top 25 this week, meaning if both win out, the AAC championship will be a Top 25 affair.
    There are so many P5 moving parts there, the committee will find a way to keep Cincy out.

It will not be hard for them as has been exhibited in the past.

They will even go as far as to rationalize a two loss P5 in, as opposed to 0 loss Cincy based solely on SOS.

13. Default Re: Other games. Nov 6

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That Texas loss looking kind of bad.
    Louisiana was his Super Bowl.

Sark forgot to prepare for the rest of the season.

They haven’t released the rankings yet and I’m already pessimistic about it.

I watched a lot of these top 25 teams struggle. 8 of them lost (I think it was 8) and a lot of them lost to unranked teams.

I still don’t think the Cajuns will be in there, but after that chaos it’ll be interesting to see how the committee votes.

Not giving Cincy a pass because they got a scare, but will they be given the same leeway that an Oregon (close win vs. a 4 win Washington) Bama (close vs. a 4 win Alice Shoe)? Or are the committee going to once again say that the Bearcats close win doesn’t hold as much weight as others because it was against a G5?

I hope they move up to 5. Maybe slide into 4, but I’m not hopeful.

…as for the Cajuns, they’ll find a way to move a couple of 3 loss teams into the rankings and keep us out. I just hope that Covid Carolina or UTSA gets in.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information