Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Look, I know I came at you a little bit in my previous post but that was simply because I did not like being told that I knew something opposite of what I posted when I was just trying to clarify something for you. I think Cajunsmike is someone who's opinion you trust and he basically said the same about the scrimmage being private.

When it comes to Ragin Review I have only tried to give you guys quality feedback on a few different occasions, I have nothing but respect for the time and energy it takes for y'all to put that thing out. As far as Coach Marlin goes I'm not married to him (I mean that both literally and figuratively with other accusations in this thread). My biggest gripe is he has clearly lost the fanbase with things he has said (some of which has been blown out of proportion but that snowball is just going to keep rolling at this point) and the way the program's social media is managed. I also still hope to still see him find success, simply because I love Cajun Basketball.

However I do have to say if Marin actually did offer to do the podcast and y'all refused because he is not up to your standards, that is pretty darn amateurish. The man is the head coach of of the Men's basketball team in the athletic program you are covering. Regardless of what you think of him personally or the way he runs the program, bring him on, ask the tough questions, get some answers. If you instead decide to sit back and take jabs at him from afar just because that is what all of the cool kids do, like I said that is pretty darn amateurish. I know I have no business telling you how to run your podcast, and no matter what I am still going to listen simply because I enjoy the dedicated Cajun content. But if that is the truth and you truly have refused to have him on it certainly knocks my level of respect for what y'all are doing down a notch.
    Thank you for the post Hatch. It was well though out and I am in the same boat, a Cajun fan.

As far as any of the podcasts go, I don't know anything about Coach Marlin but I would love to hear him on any of them. He is a good man and deserves the chance to answer his critics.

2. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Thank you for the post Hatch. It was well though out and I am in the same boat, a Cajun fan.

As far as any of the podcasts go, I don't know anything about Coach Marlin but I would love to hear him on any of them. He is a good man and deserves the chance to answer his critics.
    There are some great Cajun fans that post here like you and Hatch to name a couple . . . but don’t you guys know that Cancel Culture exists right here in Lafayette, Louisiana . . . not only do some here criticize ad infinitum, some make every effort to and in fact demand that those who they are critical of be cancelled . . . Just the truth, just the facts . . . you can read it right here on RP . . .

Well I guess you don’t want to address my post directly. Speaking of the truth, that’s all I wanted to do with my original post. You were stating the coaching staff was trying to hide the results of the Nicholls scrimmage because it didn’t look good. I tried to say that the truth is they can’t talk about it because it was private. That didn’t fit your narrative so you told me I was wrong and I “knew” it.

When it comes to the podcast what y’all say bottom line is your opinion. Y’all know the athletic program well, are very involved and have good connections so it is a well educated opinion. I guess you can say it is your personal truth. Isn’t the tagline “for the fans by the fans”? Own that moniker. I look forward to hearing your honest and measured opinion on this year’s basketball team. I think I “know” how that will sound already.

Also I will give you one more nugget of goodness on CIT mid major poll, if you want to use it to fuel your fire go ahead. Notice there is no LA Tech, Marshall or any other CUSA team ranked. That is because the CIT considers CUSA to be a major in basketball. Oh, and why the “Farmer’s Only” joke? Shouldn’t it be the Hair Club for Men poll? “Not only am I ranked, I’m also the chairman”.
    Great post, Hatch. Unfortunately, it’s civil so highly unlikely the response will get shown the same respect.

4. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Some like to call decorum "cancel culture."

5. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Some like to call decorum "cancel culture."
    When posters get on this board and demand that you remove a poster from the forum for tooting the horn of the university, one of its coaches or one of its players, it’s Cancel Culture . . . just the truth, just the facts

6. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Ad nauseum far flung disconnected tooting in the face of contrary up to the moment events does not match any historical version of decorum.

7. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Ad nauseum far flung disconnected tooting in the face of contrary up to the moment events does not match any historical version of decorum.
    Awesome “keep the squad happy” post . . . We are talking about Cancel Culture here and you can’t deny that it exists in some . . .

8. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Shunning goes back thousands of years as a way to peacefully handle unruly behavior. The invention of the term cancel culture is just a modern term used to cancel thousands of years of culture.

9. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Shunning goes back thousands of years as a way to peacefully handle unruly behavior. The invention of the term cancel culture is just a modern term used to cancel thousands of years of culture.
    Close . . . it is the term invented to more aptly describe what is happening in the modern era of communications . . .

10. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Cancel culture has more to do with removing institutions or history. Not unlike what the Egyptian Pharos would do when they chiseled their predecessors name off monuments.

Lady Cajuns a rich history shunned.

11. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Cancel culture has more to do with removing institutions or history. Not unlike what the Egyptian Pharos would do when they chiseled their predecessors name off monuments.

Lady Cajuns a rich history shunned.
    I’m feeling the chisel . . . But will ALWAYS remain strong . . .

12. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Well I guess you don’t want to address my post directly. Speaking of the truth, that’s all I wanted to do with my original post. You were stating the coaching staff was trying to hide the results of the Nicholls scrimmage because it didn’t look good. I tried to say that the truth is they can’t talk about it because it was private. That didn’t fit your narrative so you told me I was wrong and I “knew” it.

When it comes to the podcast what y’all say bottom line is your opinion. Y’all know the athletic program well, are very involved and have good connections so it is a well educated opinion. I guess you can say it is your personal truth. Isn’t the tagline “for the fans by the fans”? Own that moniker. I look forward to hearing your honest and measured opinion on this year’s basketball team. I think I “know” how that will sound already.

Also I will give you one more nugget of goodness on CIT mid major poll, if you want to use it to fuel your fire go ahead. Notice there is no LA Tech, Marshall or any other CUSA team ranked. That is because the CIT considers CUSA to be a major in basketball. Oh, and why the “Farmer’s Only” joke? Shouldn’t it be the Hair Club for Men poll? “Not only am I ranked, I’m also the chairman”.
    That last bit was funny. I laughed. My bad for getting aggressive with the jabs last night. (That’s what she said)

We spoke directly to an assistant about coming on for interview. That assistant told us that it was Marlin’s policy for assistants not to speak to the media. (Unless you’re Murphy, the Propaganda Czar). That assistant then offered to connect us with Marlin for an interview. We decided as a group not to pursue it.

You’re a good fan, Hatch. Couple too many gin and tonics last night. That’s on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That last bit was funny. I laughed. My bad for getting aggressive with the jabs last night. (That’s what she said)

We spoke directly to an assistant about coming on for interview. That assistant told us that it was Marlin’s policy for assistants not to speak to the media. (Unless you’re Murphy, the Propaganda Czar). That assistant then offered to connect us with Marlin for an interview. We decided as a group not to pursue it.

You’re a good fan, Hatch. Couple too many gin and tonics last night. That’s on me.
    Yep I am feeling it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

A 3rd party fan opinion in reading all this......Podcast with Head Basketball Coach Marlin is very much needed. It's one thing to have negative opinions about the results our program of which I mostly agree with. It is another to flat out refuse to even talk with the Head Basketball Coach......I see it as cowardly. JMO

15. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    A 3rd party fan opinion in reading all this......Podcast with Head Basketball Coach Marlin is very much needed. It's one thing to have negative opinions about the results our program of which I mostly agree with. It is another to flat out refuse to even talk with the Head Basketball Coach......I see it as cowardly. JMO
    Well first, none of us are scared to ask Bob real questions. Gerry and I actually hashed out some very fair but pointed questions.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information