Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Can we have a Ragin Pagin meet and greet? With handle name tags and everything. I bet we would all become quick friends. Hands across Cajun Field, or something. Well, maybe Lamson Park. It’s smaller. I’ll bring boudin.
    Im down. Would love to meet a bunch of you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Look, I know I came at you a little bit in my previous post but that was simply because I did not like being told that I knew something opposite of what I posted when I was just trying to clarify something for you. I think Cajunsmike is someone who's opinion you trust and he basically said the same about the scrimmage being private.

When it comes to Ragin Review I have only tried to give you guys quality feedback on a few different occasions, I have nothing but respect for the time and energy it takes for y'all to put that thing out. As far as Coach Marlin goes I'm not married to him (I mean that both literally and figuratively with other accusations in this thread). My biggest gripe is he has clearly lost the fanbase with things he has said (some of which has been blown out of proportion but that snowball is just going to keep rolling at this point) and the way the program's social media is managed. I also still hope to still see him find success, simply because I love Cajun Basketball.

However I do have to say if Marin actually did offer to do the podcast and y'all refused because he is not up to your standards, that is pretty darn amateurish. The man is the head coach of of the Men's basketball team in the athletic program you are covering. Regardless of what you think of him personally or the way he runs the program, bring him on, ask the tough questions, get some answers. If you instead decide to sit back and take jabs at him from afar just because that is what all of the cool kids do, like I said that is pretty darn amateurish. I know I have no business telling you how to run your podcast, and no matter what I am still going to listen simply because I enjoy the dedicated Cajun content. But if that is the truth and you truly have refused to have him on it certainly knocks my level of respect for what y'all are doing down a notch.
    Lol. Where did this come from? We never offered Coach Marlin to come on the podcast. To be honest with you, the only head coach to come on was Billy Napier two years ago before MAT and I joined the pod when it was still Ragin Cajun Army.

We would welcome any coach that would be allowed or would want to come on. As you know, we always enjoy different guests to join us and give good content.

Speaking of poopoo, someone has a ton of it on their nose tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Sorry but I don't eat anything inside of a condom.
    I only eat boudin from the middle out

Umm it came directly from the post I quoted. So I guess when your throwing message board jabs around it's cool to just make stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    If you spent as much time on your career as you do trolling this site, maybe you wouldnt be a failed attorney.
    Sounds like you know him very well….

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Umm it came directly from the post I quoted. So I guess when your throwing message board jabs around it's cool to just make stuff up?
    Didn’t see that. Unless I was out of the loop on this, I don’t remember asking any basketball coach to come on.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You obviously know nothing about me, so stay in your lane, poo poo.
    Lmfao. Poopoo knows you

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Didn’t see that. Unless I was out of the loop on this, I don’t remember asking any basketball coach to come on.
    The way I read MAT’s post, Marlin asked to join the show - he wasn’t invited.

Edit: Accept Marlins offer and you’ll have a first time listener. Would be great to hear tough questions.

Nicholls is picked to win the Southland, I really like the guard from Opelousas they got, he is gonna be a good ball player ( JonQuarius Mcgee ) Son of Ron Rubin former Opelousas Guard who had several D1 offers including Notre Dame. Love seeing the Local Louisiana Kids stay in state …

We’re going to fall behind Elon in the college insider mid major. Let’s bring it back in and worry about that.

I think the question is, should we hold mens basketball to the same standard as we are football now?

Thing is, we’ve had historic success in basketball. Unlike football, the older generation of fans knows what it’s like to be relevant. We’re just inching there in football. But, you look at several years of relatively respectable basketball (not being 9-40 something) in a long stretch) and wonder if it’s cool. Are we ok with losing in the fist round of the ncaa once. Losing in the first round of the NIT. Playing in the pay for play post season (I know we are beyond that now, but hey.)

Men’s BB had been ok for years. We all want them to succeed. I like Marlin as a coach, but the proof is in the results. I hope it’s not an other “let’s wait and see” season. Maggard is good at his job. He sees something. I’m banking on the fact that he’s right.

13. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    The way I read MAT’s post, Marlin asked to join the show - he wasn’t invited.

Edit: Accept Marlins offer and you’ll have a first time listener. Would be great to hear tough questions.
    This is small time BS, but yes, we passed on Marlin. It is what it is.

If you’re not already listening, we’re not changing our principles to accommodate “fans” We don’t chase listens or fans. We just tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

If you’re not already listening, we’re not changing our principles to accommodate “fans” We don’t chase listens or fans. We just tell the truth.
    The truth is the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Well I guess you don’t want to address my post directly. Speaking of the truth, that’s all I wanted to do with my original post. You were stating the coaching staff was trying to hide the results of the Nicholls scrimmage because it didn’t look good. I tried to say that the truth is they can’t talk about it because it was private. That didn’t fit your narrative so you told me I was wrong and I “knew” it.

When it comes to the podcast what y’all say bottom line is your opinion. Y’all know the athletic program well, are very involved and have good connections so it is a well educated opinion. I guess you can say it is your personal truth. Isn’t the tagline “for the fans by the fans”? Own that moniker. I look forward to hearing your honest and measured opinion on this year’s basketball team. I think I “know” how that will sound already.

Also I will give you one more nugget of goodness on CIT mid major poll, if you want to use it to fuel your fire go ahead. Notice there is no LA Tech, Marshall or any other CUSA team ranked. That is because the CIT considers CUSA to be a major in basketball. Oh, and why the “Farmer’s Only” joke? Shouldn’t it be the Hair Club for Men poll? “Not only am I ranked, I’m also the chairman”.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information