Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Maybe we should as an added benefit. They currently gain nothing by playing us. Obviously we can continue to wallow in pig slop because to do anything out the box isn’t kosher.
    I would support paying local D1 schools that are reluctant to do a home and home something like 20 grand. That is what we pay to non D1 teams. Asking if something like that is a possibility may be a good idea for the podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I’m not a coach either, but it seems like it would be better to make them play through their problems, not sit around and think about it.
    Agreed.

Also, Make the opposing coach burn his own TO - not one of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Ok, we reached out.

What would you guys like for us to ask?
    Mine will mostly do with scheduling:

There had been a lot of talk from the conference office, including in recent press conferences with new members, about improving SBC basketball. Is the league pursuing any scheduling arrangements, aka “challenges” with peer conferences to help improve NET rating of SBC teams? The SWAC and Pac12 just announced one, surely the SBC could do the same.

This one may be loaded but, Does he feel all SBC coaches are committed to improving scheduling? Or do they like the multiple non-D1’s?

There are probably 15-20 D1 basketball playing schools within 4 hours of us, so many that our baseball team cannot play all of them in one season during midweeks, what specifically is the challenge with scheduling these teams for basketball? We don’t seem to have trouble scheduling them in all other sports.

Besides winning games, is there anything else that can be done to improve overall attendance? Student attendance?

Does he send Will Wade a Christmas card? Better yet, does he send one to Danny Kaspar?

4. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would support paying local D1 schools that are reluctant to do a home and home something like 20 grand. That is what we pay to non D1 teams. Asking if something like that is a possibility may be a good idea for the podcast.
    So a home-and-home plus cash?

5. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    So a home-and-home plus cash?
    To incentivize better teams to play us we pay them. They come here first and we reciprocate. If we were better we would’ve already been able to get those better mid majors. That’s the hard bitter truth. Or we continue to be a 14-16 seed if we happen to win the conference play in.

Great to hear that this may happen. Here are a few questions.

With out of conference scheduling has any thought been given to adopting the travel partner approach similar to what is done in conference. The idea would be to partner with another school in the general vicinity to host 2 schools relatively close from the Missouri Valley, Ohio Valley, MAC etc to where they can fly in, take a short bus ride and play 2 games over 3 days. We could return the trip the next year or even in the same season. Get one of these going at home and on the road each year and that could be 4 quality non conference games.

It seems like over the past few years the backcourt approach has been a pair of combo guards as opposed to a traditional PG (Ball handler and distributor) and SG (scorer). Is this a product of injuries and recruiting and just getting the best players on the floor? Does he prefer one approach over the other?

When Oliver Houston joined the staff were the injury issues of the past few seasons addressed? Is there anything that can be changed through strength and conditioning to try to combat these issues moving forward?

His thoughts on the one time transfer rule and the transfer portal and how it changes the approach to recruiting? Is there a certain a player or position that is better to recruit from the portal or JUCO as opposed to from high school.

A more fun one, what is “Dream Team” starting 5 or even 2 deep of players he has coached while at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Probably accurate projected response.

So I’d counter: have we made any changes with our training program and/or staff?

If the answer is no to that, well then that may be the root cause. Not changing what’s not working.
    I think both of these questions are good, with the follow up question being excellent.

We want to improve our basketball program and questions like these only show our concern to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I think both of these questions are good, with the follow up question being excellent.

We want to improve our basketball program and questions like these only show our concern to improve.
    You may have missed my previous post regarding this ? We have brought in a new strength and conditioning coach named Oliver Houston. Perhaps Coach Marlin could be asked about what new approaches is Coach Houston using.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You may have missed my previous post regarding this ? We have brought in a new strength and conditioning coach named Oliver Houston. Perhaps Coach Marlin could be asked about what new approaches is Coach Houston using.
    I did miss it, your question is appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Secret scrimmage was on Monday
    Glad it was secret....That +/- for Jordan Brown though...ouch

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Glad it was secret....That +/- for Jordan Brown though...ouch
    FT shooting is something Jordan needs to improve upon. He has a nice touch around the basket however.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information