Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well first, none of us are scared to ask Bob real questions. Gerry and I actually hashed out some very fair but pointed questions.
    That is the whole issue with the local media. None of those folks will ever ask the hard hitting questions like MAT would ask. If Marlin was on the pod it would be a one time deal as he would never want to go back after MAT questioned him. Marlin would probably want to see the questions before the pod started LOL.

2. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    That is the whole issue with the local media. None of those folks will ever ask the hard hitting questions like MAT would ask. If Marlin was on the pod it would be a one time deal as he would never want to go back after MAT questioned him. Marlin would probably want to see the questions before the pod started LOL.
    We always send questions before interviews. That was another reason why we didn’t pursue the interview. I doubt Bob would answer the questions that I’d ask. And for the record, we would never try for a “gotcha” moment or try to embarrass anyone. Especially not one of our own. But we would for sure ask real questions. Some of the questions we wrote down came directly from conversations we’ve had on this board over the last 10 years.

We always send questions before interviews. That was another reason why we didn’t pursue the interview. I doubt Bob would answer the questions that I’d ask. And for the record, we would never try for a “gotcha” moment or try to embarrass anyone. Especially not one of our own. But we would for sure ask real questions. Some of the questions we wrote down came directly from conversations we’ve had on this board over the last 10 years.
    He was scared to get on the pod just like that other guy yall invited on this site.

Send him the damn questions, if he accepts.....great.. Let it be him that turns it down, not you. If he does turn it down......publish the questions sent that caused Head Basketball Coach refused to answer. It's a win-win......but you have to open the door 1st.

That last bit was funny. I laughed. My bad for getting aggressive with the jabs last night. (That’s what she said)

We spoke directly to an assistant about coming on for interview. That assistant told us that it was Marlin’s policy for assistants not to speak to the media. (Unless you’re Murphy, the Propaganda Czar). That assistant then offered to connect us with Marlin for an interview. We decided as a group not to pursue it.

You’re a good fan, Hatch. Couple too many gin and tonics last night. That’s on me.
    Thanks man, appreciate the response and compliment. Would love to hear an interview with Coach Marlin. Not sure whether or not you should have a gin and tonic before you get him on the phone, if you do the entertainment value would be through the roof.

6. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Thank you for the post Hatch. It was well though out and I am in the same boat, a Cajun fan.

As far as any of the podcasts go, I don't know anything about Coach Marlin but I would love to hear him on any of them. He is a good man and deserves the chance to answer his critics.
    The Big Fish gets to answer his critics 28 times a year and in post season. Not much regular or post season to mention except for the pay in tournaments a few years back.

7. Default Re: When did this happen? Nicholls???

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Send him the damn questions, if he accepts.....great.. Let it be him that turns it down, not you. If he does turn it down......publish the questions sent that caused Head Basketball Coach refused to answer. It's a win-win......but you have to open the door 1st.
    Ok, we reached out.

What would you guys like for us to ask?

Ok, we reached out.

If we lose to the eventual national champion by only 30 can we get chicken nuggies for life?

Ok, we reached out.

When do the Cajuns expect to participate in the ncaa playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    If we lose to the eventual national champion by only 30 can we get chicken nuggies for life?
    Or tenders.

Ok, we reached out.

Awesome job, MAT.

What do you think has been the leading factor in the Cajuns missing the NCAA tournament so frequently?
    Last edited by CajunJeaux; November 6th, 2021 at 01:33 pm. Reason: Reworded question

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Awesome job, MAT.

What do you think has been the leading factor in the Cajuns missing the NCAA tournament so frequently?
    I’ll go ahead and answer that for you. INJURIES

What changes in approach to season have been made to capitalize on the talent currently on the roster?

What G5/P5 schools have we specifically made real attempts with to get better home game competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’ll go ahead and answer that for you. INJURIES
    Probably accurate projected response.

So I’d counter: have we made any changes with our training program and/or staff?

If the answer is no to that, well then that may be the root cause. Not changing what’s not working.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information