Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Point

1. Default Re: Breaking Point

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Worst acceptance excuse I ever read for any topic anywhere.
    https://kendunning.net/2020/06/08/al...all-none-some/

2. Default Re: Breaking Point

Example of an "all encompassing statement"... ("it is virtually everywhere these days.") being used to justify poor behavior.

Default Re: Breaking Point

Y'know. We went through this with Hud, and we changed for a while. It was awesome.

What happened?

It's interesting some of you only hear the rap songs and not the other music played. Last night I heard Zydeco and metal as well. Although I would prefer to hear the deafening sound of screaming fans, but that is apparently too much to ask for.

5. Default Re: Breaking Point

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Example of an "all encompassing statement"... ("it is virtually everywhere these days.") being used to justify poor behavior.
    Close but no cigar.

vir·tu·al·ly
    /ˈvərCH(o͞o)əlē/
    adverb
    nearly; almost:
    "the college became virtually bankrupt"

The problem I had with the music is that the DJ felt he had to play the music at every lapse in play. When the refs made one if their bad calls last night, the crowd did not get a chance to boo. The crowd want to boo and support the team but you could not hear the crowd because of the piped in music. The DJ needs to have better feel for the game and allow the crowd to involved in the game instead of him feeling he needs to constantly entertain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    The problem I had with the music is that the DJ felt he had to play the music at every lapse in play. When the refs made one if their bad calls last night, the crowd did not get a chance to boo. The crowd want to boo and support the team but you could not hear the crowd because of the piped in music. The DJ needs to have better feel for the game and allow the crowd to involved in the game instead of him feeling he needs to constantly entertain.
    Completely agree. No problem with music selection or volume here.

Sometimes, silence from the speakers can be acceptable. There doesn’t have to be noise 100% of the time

8. Default Re: Breaking Point

Thank you, Jim and everyone who responded. I have been laughing uncontrollably for the duration of this thread.

“BREAKING POINT! I’m so sick of the hippity hop!”

Crying laughing

[noise cancelling headphones]

This is what I do. Listen to the radio call and ignore the (mostly) crappy music.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    I’m so sick of the hip-hop music between plays, the extreme high level of the music and PA announcer, and the game announcer himself.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    I had to listen to the first half on the radio due to being on the road. I didn't hear as much of the hip hop stuff as in the past blaring through the radio coming back from commercial breaks or during downtime. In fact, I heard a good amount of Keith Frank and Wayne Toups, and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    I’m so sick of the hip-hop music between plays, the extreme high level of the music and PA announcer, and the game announcer himself.

I got two choices to make put up with the noise or stay home and watch the games.

I know many have made this complaint so many times and thought something was being done to improve but I don’t see it. If I’m in the minority on this subject then I just need to move on and let cheer the Cajuns on from outside the stadium

GEAUX CAJUNS
    The volume has been turned down substantially in recent games

I’m not a fan of some of the $ hitty music but when you’re playing a mid week game in front of an empty house and the players aren’t getting any crowd noise, the music is needed to keep energy levels up IMO

Getting a kick out of the earlier quote complaining about the music that is catering to the youth and how we shouldn’t be coddling them. BUT, seems the poster wants to be coddled with the music he/she wants to hear. Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Getting a kick out of the earlier quote complaining about the music that is catering to the youth and how we shouldn’t be coddling them. BUT, seems the poster wants to be coddled with the music he/she wants to hear. Priceless
    Amazing isn’t it.

The playlist, I'm guessing there's a playlist has room for improvement. Jolie Blon deserves airplay every home game during one of the long TV timeouts or between 1st and 2nd Qtr break. Our youth need to hear it more often. It has a good beat and you can dance to it!

15. Default Re: Breaking Point

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    The playlist, I'm guessing there's a playlist has room for improvement. Jolie Blon deserves airplay every home game during one of the long TV timeouts or between 1st and 2nd Qtr break. Our youth need to hear it more often. It has a good beat and you can dance to it!
    Maybe you’re right, but there’s this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jole_Blon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information