Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Point

1. Default Re: Breaking Point

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    How many times I have to say it Cancel Culture is what happened to the Lady Cajuns, not who starts at QB
    You all mixed up . . .

Default Re: Breaking Point

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    As Pearl Jam says, “…it’s evolution baby…”. Previous generations didn’t Elvis and the Beatles, or hard rock or rap. There’s always going to be something too loud or not your type of music. It’s not about you…. Rap is not my favorite but if a player needs to hear it loudly to get motivated to make a tackle, then I can accept it for 3 hours.
    Nicely put. I feel this way, as well.

3. Default Re: Breaking Point

The music is just white noise to me during the game.

And LL indeed came through on the most important pass for 4th and long for the touchdown. Coach trust him at the critical moments.

The music will never be perfect because it’s all coming from one place. We normally sit on the balcony but moved down to get out of the wind, the music was noticeably less loud at the bottom. So the volume obviously is much louder at the top and I would imagine ever more so if you sit on that end if the field. So to have it where the south end zone can hear it, it’s going to be loud for the north end zone. I would think they will address the sound in the renovations and will be placed all around the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    As Pearl Jam says, “…it’s evolution baby…”. Previous generations didn’t Elvis and the Beatles, or hard rock or rap. There’s always going to be something too loud or not your type of music. It’s not about you…. Rap is not my favorite but if a player needs to hear it loudly to get motivated to make a tackle, then I can accept it for 3 hours.
    Nope.

Gameday is for EVERYONE, or it used to be.

Hey Baby is 60 years old. Some of the Cajun/Zydeco songs we used to play at Cajun Field are 20-30 years old. We also played the club music of the day. We loved them all. We respected them all. It was who we were.

Now, all of that is flushed down the toilet because the current generation can't function if they are not catered to like babies. Oh, we know full well that it is not about us. It is never about the fans/alumni/boosters.....anymore.

I use these, they are great.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...6514_200356514

Can't hear PA announcer at all and I get to listen to the radio call. You can keep up to date with stats. Don't need a roster to see who is in the game. People around me ask me questions about what happened. Apparently the PA announcer doesn't do that. I dunno because I can't hear him. I guess I'm not missing much.

PA volume wasn’t too loud at my seats. Music was a mix, not just hip hop. Didn’t try getting crawfish nachos but I heard they weren’t being sold last night. Anybody know if the nacho cheese was cold?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    USLJim is correct.

Gameday experience is a fail on every level except the play on the field.
    Are you frecking kidding me? Every level? How? Do you have anything good to report? Or was it all bad?

RP posters: Not enough students at games! Terrible support!

Also RP posters: Don't play the music students like! Terrible game day experience!

10. Default Re: Breaking Point

I think catering to the students is priority one.

When you cater to the players on the field you lose me.

Find other ways to make the players feel special, one way is to have a huge turnout of their peers.

"The Game Day Experience"

I have no problem with playing hip hop…it’s what the players and future fans listen to. I do have problems with the vulgarity. Find a happy medium.

12. Default Re: Breaking Point

Vulgarity has never held a proper place in society.

How ironic that the line of "DEFENSE" breaks down at sporting events.

13. Default Re: Breaking Point

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Vulgarity has never held a proper place in society.

How ironic that the line of "DEFENSE" breaks down at sporting events.
    Sorry Turbine but it is virtually everywhere these days.

14. Default Re: Breaking Point

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Sorry Turbine but it is virtually everywhere these days.
    Worst acceptance excuse I ever read for any topic anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    USLJim is correct.

Gameday experience is a fail on every level except the play on the field.
    And that is why attendance is low. Top 25 ranking and play on the field will not solve attendance until this is addressed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information