Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

UL Football Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Cajun Field Size

Capacity needs to be 30K max after the upgrades! If there is anyway we can have a random mixture of red and white seating peppered throughout the stadium that would help the illusion of a thicker crowd. I’ve seen enough of the shiny metal bleachers and concrete…we are a AP Top 25 program and need to show up like it. Otherwise greatly reduce capacity.

Default Re: Cajun Field

Capacity will be lower once the upgrades are done. But premium seats (suites and all those) will make up for the lost seats potential revenue wise.

Sorry, but stupid comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Sorry, but stupid comment.
    How so?

I don't like dumming down the crowd. Cajun Field will fill up once the product lives up to enough expectations. It's building now, it will get better as the team proves consistency. It's just beginning to grow, give it time.

I don't like dumming down the crowd. Cajun Field will fill up once the product lives up to enough expectations. It's building now, it will get better as the team proves consistency. It's just beginning to grow, give it time.
    Bruh, If they're not coming out for a top 25 team, they're not coming out. The product won't get any better.

We are at the height of our history. Not suggesting it’s our apex but damn we win more games than Clemson. Something needs to be thought out before we break ground.

I like the idea of painting the concrete red/white or ect. 30K max.

It's not the 90s 25 k is the new 40k in g5 football

I am glad y’all are not trying to run our athletic programs. Geezus!

Default Re: Cajun Field Size

This is dumb. We’ve had 2 Saturday home games. 26k and 28k showed up. Had we had all of our home games on Saturday with good weather we would be at or close to 35k on a regular basis.

Less than a decade of winning doesn’t create a large fan base. Right now these midweek games are to build the national brand. Which is vital for corporate sponsors.

With the new additions to the SBC expect us to have more Saturday home games. Once the stadium is renovated all will be well.

Cajun Field will never fill up to capacity and you're delusional if you think so.

The Cajuns being ranked is irrelevant because the playoff and bowl system will still stick us into some lame ass 11am game against a team most casual fans have never heard of..

The P5/G5 separation has caused us to become low-stakes football. People will go if you give them free tickets, the weather is perfect, and they can get home in time for the big SEC match-up that night.

However, adding teams like Marshall and Southern Miss should help to draw out some of the "we're playing WHO?" crowd

Majority of fans are Who we are playing crowd !! Georgia St. on a Thursday is not exciting, this is why regional rivalries are a must on Saturday’s !

35k to 36k is about right, if we have 10 yrs like this we will have to expand the stadium

13. Default Re: Cajun Field Size

TWO football games in 5 days is not easy on the wallet.

Yes, the capacity needs to be smaller. The south endzone addition was nice, but looks abandoned on the tv on nights like last night.

Yes, the renovations will help and reduce capacity.

Yes, the crowd was our worst of the year and needs to get better. But after nearly 30 for an 11 am kickoff, give fans a pass for a cold Thursday night. I’d have watched from home too, to be fair.

Can we please move on from the stadium talk and relish in the fact that we’re 8-1?

Plus, the next 2(hopefully) should be great. Now ESPN needs to leave that ULM game the hell alone and give us at least a mid afternoon or evening kickoff. None of this 11 or 1pm stuff.

It’s not just capacity. I really feel like peppering in a mixture of red and white chair back seats could help greatly with the optics on television. Almost like what the Superdome did with their seats.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information