Thread: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Student section is the Red Zone
    What? It can't be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Yeah, and how many students know what their section is called? I'm guessing 3%. Swamp Rats gives them a gritty identity, a purpose.

I never said it couldn’t be changed. Stop putting words in people’s mouths to fit your narrative. If we want to build tradition, the student section has been named the “Red Zone” and it’s written on the stadium. I simply stated a fact. If the students need to be educated about it, then do it during orientation, SOUL camp, or social media.

Ultimately, I believe the student section should be named organically to take ownership. If you are a student, you need to convince other students. If you are an alumni or fan, I suggest you name your section. It’s great to have fan involvement!

Settle down Francis...

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, and how many students know what their section is called? I'm guessing 3%. Swamp Rats gives them a gritty identity, a purpose.
    The Swamp Rats are in the Red Zone. Not rocket science!
    P.S. Replied to the wrong comment. But yes … an identity!

6. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Settle down Francis...
    I think he likes “The Red Zone”

Swamp Rats fill the Red Zone like it has never been filled before . . .

There, everybody is a winner . . .

Red Zone

8. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Student section is the Red Zone
    That’s why they call it the Red Zone... it's full of Swamp Rats.

Raging and tumULtuous students.

Hello student. I’m conducting a survey. Do you consider yourself a “red zone”?
    Student: what???
    Surveyor: you know, when at the game, are you a red zone, or red zoner??
    Student: WTH are you talking about. I mean we sit in the red zone, but ummm, no.

Overly simplistic .. sure. But it’s a place, not an identity.

I suspect if there was a “push” to energize the students who actually attend the games to come up with a Cajun “identity” they just might embrace swamp rats. And more FREE T-shirts!!! Start with red ones, and make black ones for the next blackout game. LOL

I’m not a marketing genius, but I did stay at a holiday inn express.

Settle down Francis...
    How old are you that you are calling fans names on here? We are all part of Cajun Nation and an institution of higher learning. I expect better of this fan base.

You asked a challenging question and received a challenging response. You get what you give. You might want to do some self reflection.

We both agree that the name of the student section can be changed. I just want UL to have more tradition.

11. Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……It is the students fault for not showing up at the games…I looked at tv games all day long with crazy student sections….we need to get our kids a new attitude….we need to show them that the more we get to games the better our school is seen in the eyes of potential students, alumni, business folks, etc…..get some groups on campus to push the game….student tailgating IS a great idea…..do we have busses from campus running?……y’all please list some more ideas for student involvement!
    Can’t blame the students. I’d be happy to wager you that if we did an secret survey our students would rate sports much lower than some of the elite fans you see on television. This was documented by a drunken LSU coed who said that’s exactly what she came to LSU for, partying and football.

12. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Hello student. I’m conducting a survey. Do you consider yourself a “red zone”?
    Student: what???
    Surveyor: you know, when at the game, are you a red zone, or red zoner??
    Student: WTH are you talking about. I mean we sit in the red zone, but ummm, no.

Overly simplistic .. sure. But it’s a place, not an identity.

I suspect if there was a “push” to energize the students who actually attend the games to come up with a Cajun “identity” they just might embrace swamp rats. And more FREE T-shirts!!! Start with red ones, and make black ones for the next blackout game. LOL

I’m not a marketing genius, but I did stay at a holiday inn express.
    I’m probably not embracing anything tying me to a rat. Especially when I’m 18-24.

13. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m probably not embracing anything tying me to a rat. Especially when I’m 18-24.
    That's a Nutria in Louisiana's Swamp.

How old are you that you are calling fans names on here? We are all part of Cajun Nation and an institution of higher learning. I expect better of this fan base.

You asked a challenging question and received a challenging response. You get what you give. You might want to do some self reflection.

We both agree that the name of the student section can be changed. I just want UL to have more tradition.
    As do I...didnt call you a name either. Settle down Francis is a well known and used line from the movie Stripes...

15. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would start not by telling students "it's your fault" but instead showing them "here's your opportunity."
    ……correct Tbine……it’s your fault is the situation (they choose not to come)…..correcting it has a good start with your wording!!!(

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information