Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If the Cajuns host the sunbelt championship and we don't get 35k then the fans have spoken that they will never truly support the Cajuns.
    Not necessarily. Again, you can't make people go, they have to want to go and when the circumstances happen that make it an exciting draw to Cajun Field, it will happen. The regular, every day person around Lafayette is not really a Sun Belt football fan, and still don't care about the Georgia (Sxxx) teams or whoever the Belt has coming into CF. It starts with success, like what the Cajuns are doing, but that's not where the build-up ends. There is much more to it. And what happens this year is not the end-all telling of what attendance in the future will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I think we hold the sun belt record for conference games played as we had around 33k tor north Texas for homecoming in 2011
    32,800 and change. The game you mentioned.
    We averaged over 29,000 that season.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    We're getting on TV alot and showing potential students, potential fans, etc. that -- even when we have a good team -- the stands are going to be freakin empty, and the most fun you can expect to have to is getting drunk in the student section
    Other than screwing season ticket and tailgating pass owners, this is the worst part of it. It’s national exposure but not the kind that helps perception

UL owns the largest SBC bowl game attendance, as well, in the New Orleans Bowl. It’s no doubt that Cajun Nation will show up for the first conference championship game played at Louisiana. The stadium will be packed with plenty of time to make travel plans for December 4.

5. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Other than screwing season ticket and tailgating pass owners, this is the worst part of it. It’s national exposure but not the kind that helps perception
    It’s pretty good for recruiting players who aren’t on P5 must have list.

Default Re: Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I'm 4,000 miles away from Lafayette. So I got to ask, are they really promoting it? Who was in charge of IceGator marketing? They did an unbelievable job. It's going to take several years of success. It has to become the place to be on Saturday etc...
    The first owners did the marketing for the IceGators. What brought the fans was the entertainment between each period. Just word of mouth, "you have to see this". I know, because I was on the Fan Committee that was in charge of the Mardi Gras section which consisted of 400+ fans. Than when they sold the team, marketing dried up, and there went the fans.

7. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Thanks Frenchie35

It almost always comes down to marketing.

Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m thinking that SDSU home games aren’t at home, but about a hundred miles away. Something to do with complete rebuild of their stadium. I’d hate to see our numbers if we played every home game at Brokeback stadium.
    I clarified this to him already, like a day before you posted this. It’s actually 115 miles mostly on I-5, which sucks. Close to a 2 hour one way trip, basically the equivalent of us playing in Hammond or Orange, TX not Lake Chuck.

9. Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I clarified this to him already, like a day before you posted this. It’s actually 115 miles mostly on I-5, which sucks. Close to a 2 hour one way trip, basically the equivalent of us playing in Hammond or Orange, TX not Lake Chuck.
    ……It is the students fault for not showing up at the games…I looked at tv games all day long with crazy student sections….we need to get our kids a new attitude….we need to show them that the more we get to games the better our school is seen in the eyes of potential students, alumni, business folks, etc…..get some groups on campus to push the game….student tailgating IS a great idea…..do we have busses from campus running?……y’all please list some more ideas for student involvement!

If we end up hosting the conference championship game, we will see the largest crowd of the season at Cajun Field. But there’s a lot of work to be done before that would potentially happen.

11. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

I would start not by telling students "it's your fault" but instead showing them "here's your opportunity."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would start not by telling students "it's your fault" but instead showing them "here's your opportunity."
    Free SWAMP RAT TShirts
    No longer student tailgate, it's a Swamp Rats party here event. Get the idea...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Free SWAMP RAT TShirts
    No longer student tailgate, it's a Swamp Rats party here event. Get the idea...
    Thought the same thing, so it must be right! LOL
    Basically “giving them an identity”.

Swamp Rats rule!!!!

Student section is the Red Zone

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information