Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

1. Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    Ways to get 100% attendance:
    1. Our Lady of Lourdes Dome at Cajun Field.
    2. No ESPN/TV games so the program can play on Saturday nights.
    3. LSU closes or moves to another state.
    4. Cajuns have equal shot to play for a National Championship.
    5. Free beer.

Uhhh…. Sorry, waking from my dream.
    …..no games during hunting season!

Default Re: Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    I'm 4,000 miles away from Lafayette. So I got to ask, are they really promoting it? Who was in charge of IceGator marketing? They did an unbelievable job. It's going to take several years of success. It has to become the place to be on Saturday etc...
    It was pretty similar to what the Cajuns do. I think the unknowns about a bunch of Canadians fighting on a newly installed ice rink also helped attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It was pretty similar to what the Cajuns do. I think the unknowns about a bunch of Canadians fighting on a newly installed ice rink also helped attendance.
    "I came to sezz da fights"...actual Icequitter fan quote...that was the marketing..

4. Default Re: Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    "I came to sezz da fights"...actual Icequitter fan quote...that was the marketing..
    And that big sheet of ice . . . We don’t see that much here.

5. Default Re: Cajun Field

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Cajuns are Canadians in exile.

They were uniquely drawn to the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Bruh, If they're not coming out for a top 25 team, they're not coming out. The product won't get any better.
    When all your home games are mid week and 11AM it’s hard to judge. 29k at an 11AM game was not bad. IMO if it would have been at 4 probably would have gotten a few K more.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    When all your home games are mid week and 11AM it’s hard to judge. 29k at an 11AM game was not bad. IMO if it would have been at 4 probably would have gotten a few K more.
    All I can say if things work out like they should for 12/04, it better be the best crowd we’ve had in a while. And I’m confident it will be.

ETA: I just checked the SBC site because I couldn’t remember ko time. As of now it 2:30, which is pretty good. A little later might be a little better, but I can live with 2:30

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    All I can say if things work out like they should for 12/04, it better be the best crowd we’ve had in a while. And I’m confident it will be.

ETA: I just checked the SBC site because I couldn’t remember ko time. As of now it 2:30, which is pretty good. A little later might be a little better, but I can live with 2:30
    2:30 is better than 11 for sure.

9. Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

After the nice sized crowd that turned out for 11am Thursday, I won't worry about a Saturday 11am game ever again.

In fact Thanksgiving Day 11am would be even better and the biggest crowd of the year.

Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Anyone know the record attedance for a conference game? That should be the goal...and if it's less than 41k, make the target..not pack the swamp, give us a number, a goal...

Anyone know the record attedance for a conference game? That should be the goal...and if it's less than 41k, make the target..not pack the swamp, give us a number, a goal...
    If the Cajuns host the sunbelt championship and we don't get 35k then the fans have spoken that they will never truly support the Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If the Cajuns host the sunbelt championship and we don't get 35k then the fans have spoken that they will never truly support the Cajuns.
    No, means nothing, set a goal based on the top attendance in SBC history...thats how you get attention...set an attendance goal and market accordingly

No, means nothing, set a goal based on the top attendance in SBC history...thats how you get attention...set an attendance goal and market accordingly
    Maybe they will if we wrap it up.

I think we hold the sun belt record for conference games played as we had around 33k tor north Texas for homecoming in 2011

New contract with ESPN has that 40% of televised SBC games will be weekend games...when does that go into effect?
    If 40% of total games, the top 3 teams can still get screwed

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information