Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Turbine, just curious why the title of this thread was changed?

My concern moving forward has more to do with just last night. I feel we have an opportunity with the upgrades to adjust Cajun Field in more ways than just capacity to help our perceived brand/following. From a national perspective of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Why lower the bar though? Acadiana needs to rise up and fill the 40k.
    No doubt but we have attended this way since 1975.

30K, maximum, would work perfectly. Create demand and too bad for those left out on certain games.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I highlighted the Fresno State at #21 SDSU. A 6-2 team vs. a 7-0 team. 3 days later they were both ranked in the CFP poll. 11,034 in the stands. That's actually on the high side for a great team.

I know it's one comparison, but I was just looking at G5s from last week.
    ok, missed it....

I sat on the visitors side for the first time ever. (Got me out of that wind) I never knew how loud it was from that side! I was actually impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I sat on the visitors side for the first time ever. (Got me out of that wind) I never knew how loud it was from that side! I was actually impressed!
    Man, when you've got a good student turnout, that's the place to be to have fun. It's loud, your standing up the whole game (which I miss since moving to the opposite side), it's a blast.

6. Default Re: Thursday Attendance

45,000 in attendance over a 5-day span.

7. Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Turbine, just curious why the title of this thread was changed?

My concern moving forward has more to do with just last night. I feel we have an opportunity with the upgrades to adjust Cajun Field in more ways than just capacity to help our perceived brand/following. From a national perspective of course.
    Merged 3 similar threads.

Default Re: Cajun Field

How so?
    I understand the frustration of having a team in the top 25 and people didn't show up in large numbers to support them. But I don't think criticism helps our cause. Winning and tradition is what makes a strong fan base. We are not there yet, hopefully going forward this will change.

9. Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Our program now is something to be greatly proud of. Do we see that here?

No!!!!!

When we start as a fan base recognizing all the good which is happening at Louisiana and how good all of this is rather than always being in a biitch session earning that cheese, then we may rise to the point where we create traditions that will allow the program to continue grow.

But no, right now we are more interested in the cheese than the tradition. . .

10. Default Re: Thursday Attendance

Cheese layers on top of constructive criticism.

Perspective.

If it were lsu playing Georgia State last night for their 4th midweek game in 8 weeks, their attendance would have sucked as well.

Look, worrying about attendance is useless. I'm not wasting one more minute on this because it is obvious that fan attendance is really not necessary anymore if you want to be on TV.

ESPN doesn't care. The SBC doesn't care. Our admin. washes their hands of the midweek game issue.

Attendance is a non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I understand the frustration of having a team in the top 25 and people didn't show up in large numbers to support them. But I don't think criticism helps our cause. Winning and tradition is what makes a strong fan base. We are not there yet, hopefully going forward this will change.
    I don’t think I criticized anyone. I named the thread “Cajun Field”. This is about positioning Cajun Field as wisely as possible moving forward; capacity, optics and etc.

IT’S ABOUT CAJUN FIELD MOVING FORWARD!!!!! NOT ATTENDANCE ALONE!!!!

Turbine please change the title back to what I named it.

We are at the height of our history. Not suggesting it’s our apex but damn we win more games than Clemson. Something needs to be thought out before we break ground.

I like the idea of painting the concrete red/white or ect. 30K max.
    I get what you are saying, about the visual look during games and while we are at our peak in terms of history, we still have a ways to go up. I shouldn't have said "stupid", too strong a comment, but we don't have a colossal stadium that needs to get way smaller. I would not use our current attendance figures as our standard, I think we can still do better and if the program continues on it's current path, I think it will.

Default Re: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Flat out attendance was terrible last night….Good news is we are getting on national TV a lot…. It takes time to build a brand and this will help…. We need to limit mid week home games to only 1 a year, but I don’t think that is possible because ESPN owns us

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information