Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field Size ... Capacity Tenacity

Default Re: Cajun Field Size

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It’s not just capacity. I really feel like peppering in a mixture of red and white chair back seats could help greatly with the optics on television. Almost like what the Superdome did with their seats.
    That makes sense. Some stadiums do that to perfection. An empty seat doesn’t look empty. The aluminum just stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That makes sense. Some stadiums do that to perfection. An empty seat doesn’t look empty. The aluminum just stands out.
    Like a sore thumb! We should paint all the concrete red and white also. Kind of like what they do in the “red zone” student section.

3. Default Re: Cajun Field Size

Like a sore thumb! We should paint all the concrete red and white also. Kind of like what they do in the “red zone” student section.
    No red tarps, please . . .

Or put up the Covid cardboard cutouts.

Lol…no tarps or Covid cutouts! Actually seats!

Default Re: Cajun Field

A

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Sorry, but stupid comment.
    Agree. Except the more people part.

I think once the rivalry with USM(and others) starts we'll get more people in. The CC game should be packed as well.

I think a 32k to 34k stadium should be the max. Make seats premium when we are a top 25 team year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    This is dumb. We’ve had 2 Saturday home games. 26k and 28k showed up. Had we had all of our home games on Saturday with good weather we would be at or close to 35k on a regular basis.

Less than a decade of winning doesn’t create a large fan base. Right now these midweek games are to build the national brand. Which is vital for corporate sponsors.

With the new additions to the SBC expect us to have more Saturday home games. Once the stadium is renovated all will be well.
    Agreed. Being selfish from season ticket holder viewpoint, we’ve been dealt a crap sandwich for home games.

4 or 6p Saturday kickoff would be a different turnout.

Default Poor Teddy

Poor Teddy

When the SE seating expansion occurred, thought that was done first to accommodate fans once the upper deck was dismantled and reconstructed? At the time no one could have predicted the oil energy depression that hit Louisiana's economy and workers in early 2015 drying up a lot of resources. Secondly, we need to ask are only 3 Saturday home games the new norm for a winning Cajuns football program? Its pretty obvious weekday TV games negatively impact our game and tailgate attendance. I don't care for the weekday games however it does create a hunger for the Saturday game. Older Cajuns fans will recall we had seasons with only 4 home dates. Anyway, the stadium renovation plan should still be centered on Saturday attendance and creating more revenue with premium seating and suites, too. Somewhere around 35,000 capacity sounds about right. I don't know how much premium seating capacity factors into that number.

Default Re: Poor Teddy

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    He's not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    He's not wrong
    He’s still a batch

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    He's not wrong
    Our average attendance is well above there's while I agree last night was poorly attended, I don't know that he has any room to be talking smack on attendance.

Default Re: Thursday Attendance

16k would look great in a 20k seat stadium

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information