Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final G9: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    trust me when Levi is gone, it will be something else.
    There is no doubt about it. Some people will always need something or someone to complain about, but you can't deny that LL's play can be more than frustrating at times. I'm glad that he's a winner, a great leader for his teammates, but after this year I am happy the page turns to a new chapter.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    There is no doubt about it. Some people will always need something or someone to complain about, but you can't deny that LL's play can be more than frustrating at times. I'm glad that he's a winner, a great leader for his teammates, but after this year I am happy the page turns to a new chapter.
    Only time will tell.

Yes he can be frustrating and a lot of his completion are glorified runs and stupid wr screens. But that what football is these days and his numbers last night ended up being good. A lot better than his counterparts numbers. I mean how bad is quad brown??

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Yes he can be frustrating and a lot of his completion are glorified runs and stupid wr screens. But that what football is these days and his numbers last night ended up being good. A lot better than his counterparts numbers. I mean how bad is quad brown??
    I’m sure one poster here thinks quad brown is in the top 5 Qb’s in the conference . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I’m sure one poster here thinks quad brown is in the top 5 Qb’s in the conference . . .
    Was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    19-34 287 yards 1TD 1int

That’s a bad performance for Levi. But without his arm last night we don’t win. Our o line looked as bad as they have all year. If you don’t think the passing game got us through that game than there’s no helping you until Levi’s gone.
    There’s one word to describe Levi this year: inconsistent. And before someone starts constructing a straw man, yes I understand we are consistently winning, but individual performance wise he has been inconsistent this year. Rifles an easy TD throw high to Lacy and the INT was an open route where he just led his receiver too much. Flip the script and he threw a few beautiful passes, at least a couple of which were on 3rd and long. He’s got 5 games left in his career. Complete games have to be his goal.

O-Line had a rough time last night, but same as Levi, they came through in the end. Gotta find a way to not let teams stack the box going forward.

As a life long Cajuns fan I never thought I’d see the day that we’d be complaining about a QB that is 34 and 11 as a starter and 18 and 2 over the last 2 years. My how we have come a long way. Congrats Levi and thanks for all you’ve done as a Cajun.

Sometimes you have to call it how you see it. He has a 61% completion percentage for the year.
    45% against South
    55% last night
    55% against Arkansas State
    We won all 3 but it was very close. No reason not to bring it up. We are lucky to have a QB that is 34-11 but it could easily have been worse. Football is a team game and they all stepped up when they needed to.

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Alabama wins ugly too.
    They usually win fast and big. This ain’t a Bear Bryant Bama.

10. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    I don’t think it’s quite there yet. An App loss puts CCU in the drivers seat in the East and we can’t clinch outright over them currently (unless we are 8-0 in conference)
    You do realize that they the Sand Chickens already lost to App who is in the driver’s seat for eastern title. But they gotta win out.

Alabama wins ugly? Their average margin of victory is damn near 40 points

12. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Alabama wins ugly? Their average margin of victory is damn near 40 points
    This is highly reflective of the quality of the posts we receive on here sometimes, especially the in game thread . . .

Did Chris smith get banged up yesterday? Fleming returned kickoffs and Smith only was in the game on a couple plays I'm the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    As a life long Cajuns fan I never thought I’d see the day that we’d be complaining about a QB that is 34 and 11 as a starter and 18 and 2 over the last 2 years. My how we have come a long way. Congrats Levi and thanks for all you’ve done as a Cajun.
    I mean good grief. I’m convinced a lot of people don’t actually watch other G5 and hell many P5 QBs, or at least not as critically as they watch LL. He’s not “consistent”? Well he consistently wins, which is a lot more than can be said for the vast majority of QBs we or any other team has had.

I can understand he’s not perfect, has some physical limitations etc but some of the stuff here is crazy. Especially when his effort is questioned. ____ off with that, that dude is a warrior.

Sure I get frustrated with him sometimes, and find myself yelling “run!” at the TV. Then I remember I’m an old fart who doesn’t know a tenth of what LL knows or a millionth what BN knows about football.

Fans criticize, that’s what they do. But it would be nice to see more appreciation for this player who has lost two games in the last 2 years as starter.

I doubt there has ever been a college football team in existence that has won as much as us over the last two years with a bad QB. It’s just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    There’s one word to describe Levi this year: inconsistent. And before someone starts constructing a straw man, yes I understand we are consistently winning, but individual performance wise he has been inconsistent this year. Rifles an easy TD throw high to Lacy and the INT was an open route where he just led his receiver too much. Flip the script and he threw a few beautiful passes, at least a couple of which were on 3rd and long. He’s got 5 games left in his career. Complete games have to be his goal.

O-Line had a rough time last night, but same as Levi, they came through in the end. Gotta find a way to not let teams stack the box going forward.
    Levi is the football equivalent of a streaky point guard in basketball. He's not a power forward who can mix it up with the bigs. He's not a shooting guard who can light it up all over the court. He runs the offense and, if he's on, he can carry the team, for a little while. When he is off, it looks ugly.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 . LastLast

Thread Information