Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final G9: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I may have missed it, but I have yet to see anyone comment or compliment LL on his drive saving scramble where he stiff armed a defender into the turf.
    Hey, baw. I said this the page before:

But LL definitely responded like you’d expect the high character leader of a team to do. Nice stiff arm to the helmet of a much bigger defender to convert a 3rd down, then a nice TD throw to LeBlanc on 4th & Goal.

I definitely get what you're saying, though, and I made that statement because some posters here have made statements that Levi is "scared to run" or "doesn't like contact". The dude the last several games has run head first into defenders and made other plays making those posters look like complete dumbasses for their ignorant assumptions.

That's what gets me the most. Criticize some of his decisions and some of his missed throws all you want. He missed quite a few last night that you'd expect a QB for any Top 50 FBS team to make. However, you cannot question his fight, leadership, character, toughness or heart. If you do, all your other opinions on this board should be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    the 2 others he played like dog ____
    Well, if throwing for over 350 yards and 4 TDs with just 1 INT is playing like dog____, then I'm out of the football loop.

Our defense gave up 269 yards rushing that game, and App State had 0 turnovers. We also missed 2 FGs while they missed none, and we lost 45-38.

If you think Levi Lewis played like "dog____" that game, then you're a friggin' idiot.

And in the first game of those two you claim he played like "dog____", he attempted one pass and ran the ball three times.

Very telling you'd try to pin Levi's performance (4 plays involving him?) in that 2018 game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well, if throwing for over 350 yards and 4 TDs with just 1 INT is playing like dog____, then I'm out of the football loop.

Our defense gave up 269 yards rushing that game, and App State had 0 turnovers. We also missed 2 FGs while they missed none, and we lost 45-38.

If you think Levi Lewis played like "dog____" that game, then you're a friggin' idiot.

And in the first game of those two you claim he played like "dog____", he attempted one pass and ran the ball three times.

Very telling you'd try to pin Levi's performance (4 plays involving him?) in that 2018 game.
    He also had 2 fumbles and threw for majority of those yards after after game was already decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He also had 2 fumbles and threw for majority of those yards after after game was already decided.
    He lost 1 of those fumbles. 4TDS, 2 Turnovers. We missed two FGs. We gave up over 250 yards rushing.

Fine. Chalk his performance in 2019 as playing like dog____.

How did he play like dog____ for us in the 2018 Champ game? Because you said he did.

Maroon.

He lost 1 of those fumbles. 4TDS, 2 Turnovers. We missed two FGs. We gave up over 250 yards rushing.

Fine. Chalk his performance in 2019 as playing like dog____.

How did he play like dog____ for us in the 2018 Champ game? Because you said he did.

Maroon.
    Was 3 turnovers bad hand off to Mitchell don't know why Mitchell got credit with the fumble.

Did he play well in 2018 ? 0% completion rate is ____ing amazing

Let’s not act like the defense didn’t give up touchdowns on the first 5 possessions in 19

7. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The other problem is people defenders who won't let fans express the moment.

They tend to interpret analysis of a single play like it is a long term indictment.
    Right on target. Fans, coaches, and players all say things in the heat of battle that can seem to be over the top, but this is just normal venting during moments of the contest when emotions might spill over. It's because EVERYONE cares about the outcome and wants to win. When we regain our composure, life goes on much as it was before the contest started. That's part of being human, people.

I re-watched the end of the game today.

The Cajuns won again!

But LL definitely responded like you’d expect the high character leader of a team to do. Nice stiff arm to the helmet of a much bigger defender to convert a 3rd down, then a nice TD throw to LeBlanc on 4th & Goal.

I definitely get what you're saying, though, and I made that statement because some posters here have made statements that Levi is "scared to run" or "doesn't like contact". The dude the last several games has run head first into defenders and made other plays making those posters look like complete dumbasses for their ignorant assumptions.

That's what gets me the most. Criticize some of his decisions and some of his missed throws all you want. He missed quite a few last night that you'd expect a QB for any Top 50 FBS team to make. However, you cannot question his fight, leadership, character, toughness or heart. If you do, all your other opinions on this board should be ignored.
    Credit to you then….not much to ask I think, give the winningest QB in program history credit when it’s due, don’t just point out his flaws.

They tend to interpret analysis of a single play like it is a long term indictment.
    Yes! Both extremes get old but neither believe it!

I'm all ears when interpreting / analyzing a negative play. Hell, I'm all ears to people making suggestions that maybe the back up should get a shot.

But when "fans" dog curse their own players in the process? I'll never understand that.

If it's "emotions" coming out in the heat of the momentgrow the hell up.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Yes they are in the drivers seat. But as I said, 1 more loss by App puts CCU back in control and we cannot clinch hosting at 7-0 if CCU still has 1 loss. CCU losing 1 game brings the magic number to host to 1.
    That is wrong. If Louisiana remains undefeated, it hosts, regardless of what App or Coastal do.

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    That is wrong. If Louisiana remains undefeated, it hosts, regardless of what App or Coastal do.
    We control our own destiny . . .

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    It's not wrong in comparison to the original statement, which said our magic number is 1. We do not clinch hosting just by beating Troy next Saturday, so the magic number is not 1.

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst . 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 . LastLast

Thread Information