Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final G9: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Jay said after the game the magic number to host was now 1. Maybe he can explain it
    I can't be sure but in the past "magic number" meant wins by you or losses by them.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Are you saying he has carried the team all of that time?

You don't think the 2 NFL running backs might have helped just a little?

I know you are the official board troll, but even you have to take that one back.
    Go read the post I responded to and maybe you will understand that what I am saying is 3 years is a long time for a college football player to be starting and in the mix, not that he was the only player that contributed. You folks so much do not want our QB to get any credit whatever it has created a bunch of zombies.

3. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Baseball analogy, football analogy.

True baseball fans know you fail around 70% of the time on offense. Success is measured by moving the chains, not scoring. Getting a hit. The success of scoring is measured differently.

For some reason football is held to a far higher standard.

A single incomplation is like a single strike.

A zero yard gain is like a strike.

A cumulative first down is like getting on first base. It doesn't mean you will score but you stay on the field.

Making dramatic over the top declarations after a single incomplete pass or even a single failed series shows a lack of understanding of sports in general.

Making career declarations after a single game is foolishness as well.

Attributing success or failure to a single person is knee jerk.

That is why history decides the meaning of the moment.

The moment itself is just a feeling.

The first moment with meaning comes at the 60 minute mark.

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Baseball analogy, football analogy.

True baseball fans know you fail around 70% of the time on offense. Success is measured by moving the chains, not scoring. Getting a hit. The success of scoring is measured differently.

For some reason football is held to a far higher standard.

A single incomplation is like a single strike.

A zero yard gain is like a strike.

A cumulative first down is like getting on first base. It doesn't mean you will score but you stay on the field.

Making dramatic over the top declarations after a single incomplete pass or even a single failed series shows a lack of understanding of sports in general.

Making career declarations after a single game is foolishness as well.

Attributing success or failure to a single person is knee jerk.

That is why history decides the meaning of the moment.

The moment itself is just a feeling.

The first moment with meaning comes at the 60 minute mark.
    That is very nice. For many here, the moment is more like a shart than feeling.

5. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

The other problem is people defenders who won't let fans express the moment.

They tend to interpret analysis of a single play like it is a long term indictment.

6. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

They tend to interpret analysis of a single play like it is a long term indictment.
    That is why I waited until they basically hung themselves with half the thread before commenting last night.

We won the fricking game and the same ones are still at it today at 1:40 PM. Go figure.

7. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

8-1 is fun

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Hopefully Liberty beats ole miss and we beat Liberty, that could put us ahead of coastal in the rankings
    But if we end up in a 7-1 tie with CCU, it means we picked up a 2nd loss, which would very likely put CCU in front of us in any ranking used to break the tie. Beat Troy and ULM and it won't matter thankfully.

I wish we could wrap up the host spot next week against Troy, but it looks like we'll need some help to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    But if we end up in a 7-1 tie with CCU, it means we picked up a 2nd loss, which would very likely put CCU in front of us in any ranking used to break the tie. Beat Troy and ULM and it won't matter thankfully.

I wish we could wrap up the host spot next week against Troy, but it looks like we'll need some help to make that happen.
    True that, I brain fotted

11. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    You nailed it.
    Dude, you always have so much rope out there I’m surprised there has not been an accidental hanging.

12. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    So last night the upper deck was warmer than top of lower bowl where I normally sit. I moved up to check it out and stayed there because it was cold AF in my normal seats with the way the wind flows through there
    ….The guys tease me a bit cause I call it the coldest stadium in the country….I was layered up big time and still very cold….could some on here discuss why the wind currents effect the seating at the top of the bottom??? Can’t wait for this…but damn well know it is a true phenomenon!

Well said

14. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Well said
    However inapplicably wrong as it pertains to the in game thread each week.

A select few chose to come here each week and earn way more cheese then they could possibly process.

Then it’s rinse and repeat.

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    535 users… 457 guests

Georgia State is legit. That’s a better football team than y’all know. They play us hard every year, with an attitude. Last year we went to overtime in their stadium before winning. We are 6-0 against them, and they take it personally. Their current coaching staff makes sure they know this.
    Yes we're 6-0 against Georgia State, but nearly every game with them is a struggle with four wins coming by four points or less. There OL might be the best we've seen since Texas and their Tucker Gregg reminded me of John Riggins.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst . 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 . LastLast

Thread Information