Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final G9: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I mean good grief. I’m convinced a lot of people don’t actually watch other G5 and hell many P5 QBs, or at least not as critically as they watch LL. He’s not “consistent”? Well he consistently wins, which is a lot more than can be said for the vast majority of QBs we are any other team has had.

I can understand he’s not perfect, has some physical limitations etc but some of the stuff here is crazy. Especially when his effort is questioned. ____ off with that, that dude is a warrior.

Sure I get frustrated with him sometimes, and find myself yelling “run!” at the TV. Then I remember I’m an old fart who doesn’t know a tenth of what LL knows or a millionth what BN knows about football.

Fans criticize, that’s what they do. But it would be nice to see more appreciation for this player who has lost two games in the last 2 years as starter.

I doubt there has ever been a college football team in existence that has won as much as us over the last two years with a bad QB. It’s just not possible.
    I have noticed the game threads bring out the posters who don’t contribute to everyday posts but only want to trash the qb and complain about everything under the sun.

"Especially when his effort is questioned. ____ off with that, that dude is a warrior."

For sure! That stiff-arm was a thing of beauty. You could see how bad he wanted to convert that 3rd down. He always gives maximum effort, always.

3. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Levi is the football equivalent of a streaky point guard in basketball. He's not a power forward who can mix it up with the bigs. He's not a shooting guard who can light it up all over the court. He runs the offense and, if he's on, he can carry the team, for a little while.
    3 frickin years is a millinium in college football for one player, it’s not a little while . . .

4. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Yet no out right championship.
    Yeah, it’s not CBN fault that the Sand Chickens chickened out. This year if you can’t play the championship game your title hopes end.

Excellent game thread again. Levi gave the haters a lot to digest in this one. I thought it was one of his worst games but he still made the plays in the end. Dude reminds me of Tebow.

Since we all seem comfortable in ripping on the QB, maybe some other players should be getting the Levi treatment. Is Tayland Humphrey supposed to be a run stuffer? By my count he takes off half the plays he is in. His replacement looked even worse. Also, it sure would be nice if we had one WR who could consistently make contested catches. The back shoulder fade was a big part of our offense two years ago. Now it is almost out of the offense. No one on this team can make that catch and it limits the plays we can call in the red zone. Lastly, the OL was embarrassed for 3 quarters. They eventually wore down GAST, but when both teams were fresh it was no contest.

Still a great win for the Cajuns. I think our main problem on offense is predictability. Because there is so much film on Levi other teams now know his tendencies. Couple that with a mediocre WR group and you have games like this. Any game where we cannot run the ball will be a struggle.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Go watch gast game at Auburn and tell me they are average. We didn't play well, but that was no slouch team we played. Took us to OT last year, remember?
    I didn't say they are a slouch team. Also a team like Ga St. can have a good game, like against Auburn, but that does not make them a good team. We beat them, that's the main thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    "Especially when his effort is questioned. ____ off with that, that dude is a warrior."

For sure! That stiff-arm was a thing of beauty. You could see how bad he wanted to convert that 3rd down. He always gives maximum effort, always.
    That play essentially saved the drive and sums up that guy perfectly. He got it done, even though he had to turn into Earl Campbell for a second to get free.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    3 frickin years is a millinium in college football for one player, it’s not a little while . . .
    Are you saying he has carried the team all of that time?

You don't think the 2 NFL running backs might have helped just a little?

I know you are the official board troll, but even you have to take that one back.

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Sometimes you have to call it how you see it. He has a 61% completion percentage for the year.
    45% against South
    55% last night
    55% against Arkansas State
    We won all 3 but it was very close. No reason not to bring it up. We are lucky to have a QB that is 34-11 but it could easily have been worse. Football is a team game and they all stepped up when they needed to.
    I’m hoping C Field is a magnificent quarterback. But I never would trust an inexperienced QB in critical moments. LL stays healthy and garner all the honors he’s earned. I just hope he’s got 5 more wins in him.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I didn't say they are a slouch team. Also a team like Ga St. can have a good game, like against Auburn, but that does not make them a good team. We beat them, that's the main thing.
    They have 4 wins and two good games against ranked teams with the current QB. Their other losses came with the other QB. They may not be a good team with the other QB, but they are a pretty good team with the one that played last night.

LL has had a number of very impressive stiff arms this season. A weapon in his arsenal to go with his quickness scrambling.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You do realize that they the Sand Chickens already lost to App who is in the driver’s seat for eastern title. But they gotta win out.
    Yes they are in the drivers seat. But as I said, 1 more loss by App puts CCU back in control and we cannot clinch hosting at 7-0 if CCU still has 1 loss. CCU losing 1 game brings the magic number to host to 1.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/bc/12/20CF0F4F-315B-49FD-AEA4-400C1611631B/cm-chat-media-video-1:23abd988-65e6-5358-a833-8d8bce350d2a:11575:0:0.mov

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Yes they are in the drivers seat. But as I said, 1 more loss by App puts CCU back in control and we cannot clinch hosting at 7-0 if CCU still has 1 loss. CCU losing 1 game brings the magic number to host to 1.
    Hopefully Liberty beats ole miss and we beat Liberty, that could put us ahead of coastal in the rankings

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLA View Post
    Jay said after the game the magic number to host was now 1. Maybe he can explain it

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst . 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 . LastLast

Thread Information