Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final G9: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

1. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    We were fortunate that our defense played lights out the 1st half. Offense has struggled in more games than not. We keep finding ways but your luck will run out eventually.
    It’s been almost three years. Apparently BN has a rabbit’ foot in each pocket . . . Or just maybe he has had his chosen QB in the game . . .

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It’s been almost three years. Apparently BN has a rabbit’ foot in each pocket . . . Or just maybe he has had his chosen QB in the game . . .
    Yet no out right championship.

3. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

So I stayed out of this game day conversation all night, but man what a game. First and foremost, for those of you that don't know it, Georgia State is a much better than average G5 football team and Shawn Elliot is a good coach. 2 of the games that Georgia State lost this season were with Quad Brown at QB in the first 2 games of the season and he was terrible, that is why they made a switch at QB. They lost badly to Army and UNC early in the season with Quad at QB, since then they have been really good. They beat a better than average Charlotte team handily and had Auburn beat, until a terrible call cost them the game. They lost badly to App State, but then beat ULM, Texas State and Georgia Southern. Take out the Quad Brown games and they are technically 4-2, for some unknown reason they put Brown back in to play against App State and got crushed. In the games that Darren Grainger has played they only have 2 losses and that is vs Auburn and us, both Top 25 teams. This is a team that can be good, if they figure out their passing game. They are good on defense and have a great running attack. I picked them 3rd in the East before the season behind App and Coastal, I still believe that is who they are, but the gap is not that far behind.

Secondly, we did not look good in the first half, but I have to give a ton of credit to our defense, while it was not always pretty, they played their asses off in that game to keep it close. By the way, GSU only had 307 yards of total offense, that means they were doing something well. We shut them down when we needed to. We don't all love the bend don't break defense but that is who we are.

Thirdly, Mr. Lewis did not look good early, but when it counted he came through. We may not all love his game, but he is a very cool and collected leader when he needs to be. He makes mistakes and frustrates everyone of us, but again, when needed he played big, same goes for the O-Line and also for our WR/TE's, specifically Mr. Leblan(c).

Lastly, all of the credit needs to go to Billy "Scared Money, don't Make Money" Napier. He is the king of 2nd half adjustments. I am starting to get where I just trust that we are going to be the better 2nd half team than almost anybody we play. If the game is close, CBN is going to win 9 times out of 10.

We might not love winning 21-17, 20-18, 27-24, 28-20 or 28-27, but man I would take that any day over being any other record this year but 9-0.

Just win baby and just do what needs to be done. If people think on this board that GSU is a bad team because they are 4-5, they just don't understand football. This team could easily be 6-3 and who knows had they started Grainger all season what might have happened. There is a really good chance that this team beats Coastal next week.

Finally, I have no idea what GSU and Shawn Elliot were thinking on that last drive. You were running the ball well all game, why change it up at the end. That was their biggest mistake vs us, trying to be something you are not.

Anyway, Geaux Cajuns and I am pumped up to be the 8-1, 24th ranked (I don't care what the CFP says) SUNBELT WESTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS FOR THE 4TH YEAR IN A ROW.

4. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Yet no out right championship.
    So no championship game last year was Levi’s fault . . . it figures

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So no championship game last year was Levi’s fault . . . it figures
    the 2 others he played like dog ____

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Haven’t read the rest of the thread yet, but I’ll chime in here anyway.
    Several people have mentioned the short week as a reason for us coming out the gate slow. But let’s not forget Georgia State had the same short week AND had to travel. And I think they were on the road last week albeit only to GS.
    Levi was not sharp early on. Yes, Lacy did have a drop or 2; but the potential TD pass to him was hot and behind him. We were fortunate to win this game given some of our mistakes; but the TEAM never gave up and kept fighting to the end. D came up big a lot last night. And Percy was a STUD last night.
    Give GSU credit. They played hard and seemed to have a good game plan for us. Will be fun to see how they finish out the year, and specifically how they match up with Coastal.

Edit: I’ve been in the upper deck when cold and windy. Not fun. I think it was the night we received our 1st or 2nd NOLA Bowl bid. Was in the 40’s and breezy. Froze my tush off. Thankfully we had gumbo warmed up at the tailgate!!
    So last night the upper deck was warmer than top of lower bowl where I normally sit. I moved up to check it out and stayed there because it was cold AF in my normal seats with the way the wind flows through there

Let’s blame the 2018 championship game on Levi as well. Even tho nunez was the QB. The ____ is tiring. I’m not a defender of him or a hater. I’m somewhat in the middle when it comes to him but blaming him for everything is BS.

As much as levi took heat last night. O-line deserves equal blame, 69 of 143 (48%) rushing yards came on last td drive and the kneel down drive.

9. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Lawd, Lawd, Lawd

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’ve defended Levi against the non-stop Levi haters on here, and I thought after that INT that we might see Fields the next possession just to see if he could do anything, and Levi back in if he couldn’t.

But LL definitely responded like you’d expect the high character leader of a team to do. Nice stiff arm to the helmet of a much bigger defender to convert a 3rd down, then a nice TD throw to LeBlanc on 4th & Goal.

And that there shows why Coach Napier is going to ride him out this season. Again, Coach potentially has a $8 Million + job offer waiting for him if this season continues the way it’s going during this winning streak. He’s going to play the guy he trusts the most to win the game.
    While the game was frustrating to watch, as have been a number of games this year, this team showed resilience, poise and determination in facing a 10 point deficit. What you didn't see is finger pointing at each other and getting in each other's faces. They rallied behind their team leaders and coaching staff, and believed they could get the job done.

Yes Levi did not play well, nor did the offensive line and defensive line either. But as you stated, when this team need him to step up and play within himself, he made plays.
    This team showed us something last night. They showed why Levy and a few others are the leaders in the locker room that we've heard so much about. In the face of adversity, this team held together. Some of that comes from the personality of Billy Napier.

To have a special kind of season, a team will have to face adversity and win games like last night. This is the third game they have done it now this season. The game was not what we expected, some of it was because of our own mistakes and lack of execution, and some of it was because of the Georgia State coaching staff. In the end, we are West Division Champions !

19-34 287 yards 1TD 1int

That’s a bad performance for Levi. But without his arm last night we don’t win. Our o line looked as bad as they have all year. If you don’t think the passing game got us through that game than there’s no helping you until Levi’s gone.

It’s the black uniforms. Two games in 2021 with an average margin of victory of 3 points! Just burn them already!

Jokes aside this team has the will to win!

13. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    19-34 287 yards 1TD 1int

That’s a bad performance for Levi. But without his arm last night we don’t win. Our o line looked as bad as they have all year. If you don’t think the passing game got us through that game than there’s no helping you until Levi’s gone.
    There is no helping some to like the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns . . . they like cheese so much they will never stop whining . . . trust me when Levi is gone, it will be something else.

I may have missed it, but I have yet to see anyone comment or compliment LL on his drive saving scramble where he stiff armed a defender into the turf.

Some on here will only appreciate this kid once he is gone. That's unfortunate.

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I may have missed it, but I have yet to see anyone comment or compliment LL on his drive saving scramble where he stiff armed a defender into the turf.

Some on here will only appreciate this kid once he is gone. That's unfortunate.
    Oh no, here it was his fault solely we in that situation . . .

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst . 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 . LastLast

Thread Information