Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final G9: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Is Elliot the play caller for GSU? He has to be kicking himself this morning. 3 straight passing plays ended their 3rd to last drive, and they had plenty of time to run it more on the last drive (especially after the unsportsmanlike).

Referees lost control of that game early. 42 for GSU threw a punch in the 1st half, and it went uncalled. There was no reigning it in after that. Block in the back call was horrible on the punt return, and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a holding call come in as late as the one on Vallot.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The previously mentioned Gulf America wire rope , rentals and hose are owned by the LeBlanc side. Which is why BWK mentioned it.
    So that boy has good blood in him all the way around. I believe Jed & drew are his uncles.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Babbs, as always a text book analysis and 100% spot on.
    I will say, there was a point last night where i was unsure if Levi was going to come back out on the field. I'm not a "Levi is terrible and he's always been terrible" kind of guy, but last night was pretty bad. The fact that we've lost two games in the last two years, and there's doubt about whether a fifth year senior quarterback is the best option tells you a lot about where things are.

That said, I think it would have to be even worse than that for Napier to actually pull him. I'm excited about the future of Fields, but realistically that's like handing a 15 year old kid with a learners permit the keys to a big rig. Better to just let the professional trucker get you there, even if he's swerving a little.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Is Elliot the play caller for GSU? He has to be kicking himself this morning. 3 straight passing plays ended their 3rd to last drive, and they had plenty of time to run it more on the last drive (especially after the unsportsmanlike).

Referees lost control of that game early. 42 for GSU threw a punch in the 1st half, and it went uncalled. There was no reigning it in after that. Block in the back call was horrible on the punt return, and I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a holding call come in as late as the one on Vallot.

Same thing I said last night. Why did Elliot stop running the ball? After the 16 play drive he ran it on the first play of the last drive for 12 yards. Then 3 straight passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Credit to our guys for finding a way to win. I felt GAST was way more physical than us on both sides of the ball (outside of P Butler who was stacking lumber) and we lost the turnover battle. Lacy had two big drops that I think at least 1 probably cost TD. Either the short week or the weather seemed to have an effect on the offense. Despite all of that we found a way to move the ball and score in crunch time and the defense closed the door. Great team had an off night. I’ll take the W and clinching the West and move on to the next.
    We left at halftime because my wife was freezing and well, so was I. The wind in the upper deck was something we didn't prepare for. Plus, I felt maybe we would bring good luck if we watched the second half at home. I guess we get the game ball!

Watching it on tv, it was clear how their lines were winning the line of scrimmage. Especially the right side of their offensive line. They were like bulldozers. I think they were coached up to not be intimidated by our team; that was why I know I saw at least 3 times in the second half, 1 of their players push 1 of ours to the ground, after the play. Fortunately, there was a ref to come up and say "play nice" instead of having to call 1 of those nasty unsportsmanlike penalties!

They were a better team than most of us give them credit for. BUT we made some very bad decisions, either play call or execution, on some critical downs, that hurt us.

In the end, the good guys won!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post

The unsportsmanlike was also a horrible call after a Cajun player was complaining to the referee about how he was roughed up on what should have been a personal foul.

I have to rethink my cap tipping to GSU. They had several dirty plays in the game. But they did play hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I will say, there was a point last night where i was unsure if Levi was going to come back out on the field. I'm not a "Levi is terrible and he's always been terrible" kind of guy, but last night was pretty bad. The fact that we've lost two games in the last two years, and there's doubt about whether a fifth year senior quarterback is the best option tells you a lot about where things are.

That said, I think it would have to be even worse than that for Napier to actually pull him. I'm excited about the future of Fields, but realistically that's like handing a 15 year old kid with a learners permit the keys to a big rig. Better to just let the professional trucker get you there, even if he's swerving a little.
    You have to trust a 5th year Senior QB that has lost only a small handful of games over his career in a tough spot. despite his not balling out the way RP posters want.

I remember Drew Brees stinking it up for a quarter of two and then rallying the Saints to win Trust BN we did we won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Why doesn’t Levi throw it up on 4th and goal??? Really?? Have we never seen a 100 yard pick 6. And if it happened y’all would have his head. Levi can’t win with most of y’all.

Good win. Tough game. My biggest suprise was giving up so many yards right up the centers butt all night and not being able to do it ourselves.
    We are 1 out of 85 on fade routes to the endzone. take the points your kicker was 3 of 4 last week

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    You have to trust a 5th year Senior QB that has lost only a small handful of games over his career in a tough spot. despite his not balling out the way RP posters want.

I remember Drew Brees stinking it up for a quarter of two and then rallying the Saints to win Trust BN we did we won.
    Drew Brees stinking is only throwing 3 tuddies and saints defense giving up 30 before half

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Credit to our guys for finding a way to win. I felt GAST was way more physical than us on both sides of the ball (outside of P Butler who was stacking lumber) and we lost the turnover battle. Lacy had two big drops that I think at least 1 probably cost TD. Either the short week or the weather seemed to have an effect on the offense. Despite all of that we found a way to move the ball and score in crunch time and the defense closed the door. Great team had an off night. I’ll take the W and clinching the West and move on to the next.
    Haven’t read the rest of the thread yet, but I’ll chime in here anyway.
    Several people have mentioned the short week as a reason for us coming out the gate slow. But let’s not forget Georgia State had the same short week AND had to travel. And I think they were on the road last week albeit only to GS.
    Levi was not sharp early on. Yes, Lacy did have a drop or 2; but the potential TD pass to him was hot and behind him. We were fortunate to win this game given some of our mistakes; but the TEAM never gave up and kept fighting to the end. D came up big a lot last night. And Percy was a STUD last night.
    Give GSU credit. They played hard and seemed to have a good game plan for us. Will be fun to see how they finish out the year, and specifically how they match up with Coastal.

Edit: I’ve been in the upper deck when cold and windy. Not fun. I think it was the night we received our 1st or 2nd NOLA Bowl bid. Was in the 40’s and breezy. Froze my tush off. Thankfully we had gumbo warmed up at the tailgate!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I will say, there was a point last night where i was unsure if Levi was going to come back out on the field. I'm not a "Levi is terrible and he's always been terrible" kind of guy, but last night was pretty bad.
    I’ve defended Levi against the non-stop Levi haters on here, and I thought after that INT that we might see Fields the next possession just to see if he could do anything, and Levi back in if he couldn’t.

But LL definitely responded like you’d expect the high character leader of a team to do. Nice stiff arm to the helmet of a much bigger defender to convert a 3rd down, then a nice TD throw to LeBlanc on 4th & Goal.

And that there shows why Coach Napier is going to ride him out this season. Again, Coach potentially has a $8 Million + job offer waiting for him if this season continues the way it’s going during this winning streak. He’s going to play the guy he trusts the most to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Drew Brees stinking is only throwing 3 tuddies and saints defense giving up 30 before half
    Agreed.but the point was you have to stick with a 5th year senior to pull out a tough one. We did and we did

13. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Same thing I said last night. Why did Elliot stop running the ball? After the 16 play drive he ran it on the first play of the last drive for 12 yards. Then 3 straight passes.
    Every Coach no matter the pedigree wants to utilize the element of surprise.

Surprise, surprise, surprise . . . It more often than not ends in a fail .

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Agreed.but the point was you have to stick with a 5th year senior to pull out a tough one. We did and we did
    We were fortunate that our defense played lights out the 1st half. Offense has struggled in more games than not. We keep finding ways but your luck will run out eventually.

My biggest knock against Lewis 5 years and there still no consistency in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The unsportsmanlike was also a horrible call after a Cajun player was complaining to the referee about how he was roughed up on what should have been a personal foul.

I have to rethink my cap tipping to GSU. They had several dirty plays in the game. But they did play hard.
    Maybe with the new additions to the SBC, we might see better zebras. They were atrocious last night. They are usually bad on both sides of the ball, but were totally giving GSU all the calls. The block on the punt return was totally legal, Vallot's holding was ridiculously late, and their ignoring GSU's personal fouls may have been the most egregious.

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 . LastLast

Thread Information