Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . LastLast

Thread: FB Final G9: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    You know.this game thread wasn't quite as bad as I was thinking last night it would be. Good job, guys.

And no BS here, when GA State scored that TD, my mother who was at the game texted that it appeared half the fans were up and leaving the stands. My reply was they should be ashamed when we win.

The whole time watching last night, only time I yelled at the TV was the block in the back call, and then the refs then got offended that one of our coaches called him out on the BS call. Other than that, I chilled with my beers, leaning back against the couch, because I knew this team had the coaches, players and overall character to make sure that when the game ended, the good guys would have the most points.

That's how I've decided to view this season. Would we like to see them blowout teams they're supposed to blowout? Sure. But we've won 8 straight, no matter how ugly it may look at time. 8-1. Only loss is to a Big 12 team (which has tons of talent, IMO, but can't close games). It's fun watching your team win 8 straight football games.
    The soft fan base is tired of these mid week games, and probably have other obligations during the week. The hard core 15,000 or so are always there no matter what.
    We have only lost 2 games in two years. Think about that.
    Wow!

The only criticism I had was could we please kick a field goal. I know we don’t have the greatest kicker but 6 points at half would have made me feel a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    55 degrees ain't cold.but the windbruh.face it, UL fans are just soft. Lots left at halftime, those who stayed were into the game big-time.
    Not sure what the wind chill was, but it felt really cold once the sun went down. I left at halftime to get the kids home and to be honest, watching from gone was certainly more enjoyable. Maybe that’s because of the score, but anyway it was cold.

The fans that stayed were great. Got treated to a good second half.

Credit to our guys for finding a way to win. I felt GAST was way more physical than us on both sides of the ball (outside of P Butler who was stacking lumber) and we lost the turnover battle. Lacy had two big drops that I think at least 1 probably cost TD. Either the short week or the weather seemed to have an effect on the offense. Despite all of that we found a way to move the ball and score in crunch time and the defense closed the door. Great team had an off night. I’ll take the W and clinching the West and move on to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I tip my cap to GSU & their coach who had them motivated to play. Play hard they did. They gave UL fits just like they did against Auburn. I tip my cap to the Cajuns & their coaches for showing patience & perseverance. Great character traits all the way around. It might not seem pretty, but it was a beautiful result. UL has to be n the top 5, or 6 teams in wins over the last three seasons. Not every win is going to look stylish though. The more you win, the greater the variety in which they come. The only alternative is losing.
    Alabama wins ugly too.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    The soft fan base is tired of these mid week games, and probably have other obligations during the week. The hard core 15,000 or so are always there no matter what.
    We have only lost 2 games in two years. Think about that.
    Wow!
    this game was to fast of a turnaround for me. Every mid week game means I leave my office at lunch the day of and usually dont get back into the office till noon the day after since Ive decided driving I10 in the middle of the night and playing deer dodge is a way to die.

I am happy to say that my friends that I gave my tickets to toughed it out till the end of the game and were treated to a great game.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Q

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Leblanc having a total coming out party.
    Pretty sure he came out as a true freshman vs App in Boone a few huge catches in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Q

Pretty sure he came out as a true freshman vs App in Boone a few huge catches in that game.
    Coach East meant a coming out party for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    They own Fluid Crane?
    Grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    As Shaq would probably answer, “the Leblancs don’t own anything. The Domingues own Fluid crane” haha
    The previously mentioned Gulf America wire rope , rentals and hose are owned by the LeBlanc side. Which is why BWK mentioned it.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The previously mentioned Gulf America wire rope , rentals and hose are owned by the LeBlanc side. Which is why BWK mentioned it.
    Lots of winning companies in that kid . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Magic number is 1 to host
    I don’t think it’s quite there yet. An App loss puts CCU in the drivers seat in the East and we can’t clinch outright over them currently (unless we are 8-0 in conference)

I'm glad we've arrived at a spot where it doesn't have to be all-or-nothing

Positives: We WON against a decent team, on a short week, clinched a spot in the championship game, and we are 8-1.

Negatives: Play calling wasn't great. Effort didn't seem to be there. Levi was pretty terrible for about 2/3rds of the game. Others were terrible too, but he's the most visible.

We can be happy that we won and still expect better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I'm glad we've arrived at a spot where it doesn't have to be all-or-nothing

Positives: We WON against a decent team, on a short week, clinched a spot in the championship game, and we are 8-1.

Negatives: Play calling wasn't great. Effort didn't seem to be there. Levi was pretty terrible for about 2/3rds of the game. Others were terrible too, but he's the most visible.

We can be happy that we won and still expect better next time.
    Babbs, as always a text book analysis and 100% spot on.

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 21, Georgia State 17

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Babbs, as always a text book analysis and 100% spot on.
    He is definitely a lot better at football than he is at Covid. Glad to see him posting more in the sports threads now. GEAUX B4H . . .

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 . LastLast

Thread Information