Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First College Football Playoff Rankings Released

1. Default Re: First College Football Playoff Rankings Released

Oklahoma being punished for benching their starting QB

2. Default Re: CFP week 1

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Also, the committee is big time bias for the P5… this is terrible that they don’t penalize Oregon for losing to Stanford, but penalize Cincy for only playing 2 P5 schools? Such garbage… either this is a play for playoff expansion or for P5 breakaway.
    I think that breakaway might not pass the antitrust test. They can afford a little less of the gold mine.

Default Re: First College Football Playoff Rankings Released

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They should have beat Georgia last year and they beat Notre dame this year, I think they deserve the chance (if they win out). We have watched Florida state, Michigan state, Oklahoma (a few times) Ohio state, Notre dame, Washington Alabama and Clemson all get blown out in playoff gamesnot sure why it would be any different it Cincy would happen to get blown out. Also everyone said the same thing about Boise for years.until they started getting their opportunities and beating the big boys. 9 of the 14 semifinal games so far have been blowouts. 13 of the 21 games counting semi and champ haven’t been a contest.
    Great points. Herm Edwards implored us to “play to win the game.” Well, many pundits like to think a game shouldn’t even be played because of what they think the outcome will be. That thinking destroys any idea of an upset in any matchup. Like you said, even when you get the desired matchups, the teams that “deserve” to be there get their butts kicked. Georgia needed a last minute FG to beat Cincy. Don’t think that they can’t compete just because they’re G5.

The G-5 should seek their own champion & thumb the P-5 champion in the eye until they pick a champion Vs champion fight. If the Playoff doesn’t invite Cincy if they run the table again, then the playoff doesn’t mean ____. They’re scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The G-5 should seek their own champion & thumb the P-5 champion in the eye until they pick a champion Vs champion fight. If the Playoff doesn’t invite Cincy if they run the table again, then the playoff doesn’t mean ____. They’re scared.
    That’s exactly what these elitists want. Separation of P5 and G5 into two separate leagues. I’ve seen a ton of reasons why thrown out there by these idiot P5 people and pundits promoting the idea but still don’t understand the logic other than somehow it’ll make the rich richer?

Anyway, i look at it as separation would basically relegate the G5 to FCS status. Separate rankings, separate championship. They’ll never have an FBC vs. FCS championship game. Ever. I can’t imaging many would entertain the idea of P5 vs. G5 for a championship. That insinuates that they are on level playing fields and they most certainly won’t be in the eyes of anyone who supported the split in the first place.

6. Default Re: First College Football Playoff Rankings Released

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That’s exactly what these elitists want. Separation of P5 and G5 into two separate leagues. I’ve seen a ton of reasons why thrown out there by these idiot P5 people and pundits promoting the idea but still don’t understand the logic other than somehow it’ll make the rich richer?

Anyway, i look at it as separation would basically relegate the G5 to FCS status. Separate rankings, separate championship. They’ll never have an FBC vs. FCS championship game. Ever. I can’t imaging many would entertain the idea of P5 vs. G5 for a championship. That insinuates that they are on level playing fields and they most certainly won’t be in the eyes of anyone who supported the split in the first place.
    You’re exactly right. We need to demand a seat at the table. Right now the P5 powers are not separated because nobody knows how much they might lose in an ant-trust trial. But it’s a lot more than the pittance they currently pay.

If we volunteer to segregate ourselves that trial looks very winnable for them.

The CFB committee is full of cr*p. We just as soon return to the BCS getting computers more involved again. Or in an expanded 12 team playoff invite the five P5conference champions, highest ranked G5 conference champion, then at larges involving more than only a committee to decide. I believe alot of years two G5's will get in.

Those middle of the pack rankings matter a whole lot.

It gives the committee the chance to say so and so beat a 14th rank team in the cfp rankings leaving out that it’s a very mediocre miss st team with 3-4 losses.

It’s why they keep strong G5 out like smu, so they can say cincy hasn’t beat many ranked teams. They (the committee) are a self fulfilling prophecy that audits themselves and it makes no sense.

FCS Playoffs is 16.

No reason FBS can't do all conference champions (10) plus 6 at large.

No P5 team with a reasonable chance to win the championship would get left out, and all teams would have at least a path to a championship.

And although it’s funny as all get out, CUSA must survive to keep the 5-5 vote. Anything else, 5-4 vote will legitimize any actions by the P-5 and give them position when the anti-trust suit comes.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    FCS Playoffs is 16.

No reason FBS can't do all conference champions (10) plus 6 at large.

No P5 team with a reasonable chance to win the championship would get left out, and all teams would have at least a path to a championship.
    This. No reason if a team wins their conference they shouldn’t have a chance to be champs. Every other sport in ncaa does it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And although it’s funny as all get out, CUSA must survive to keep the 5-5 vote. Anything else, 5-4 vote will legitimize any actions by the P-5 and give them position when the anti-trust suit comes.
    Now that’s scary.

Now that’s scary.
    Was this all by design? Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Was this all by design? Hmmmm
    Nope, it was all a conspiracy to keep La Turd @ Ruston down by the bullies of ull.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Nope, it was all a conspiracy to keep La Turd @ Ruston down by the bullies of ull.
    I thought it was because we were afraid of them?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information