ACC- 3
    PAC 12-1

Mwc -2
    AAC-1
    BYU
    Notre dame

Default Re: CFP week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Fresno is in, but undefeated SMU is out to not legitimize that win should Cincy beat them later.
    Smu just lost to Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Fresno is in, but undefeated SMU is out to not legitimize that win should Cincy beat them later.
    SMU lost to Houston so that was that. They still have a couple of weeks and if they win their next 2 they should go up against Cincy ranked again.

Then Cincy needs a good matchup in the championship. Maybe against Houston.

Well it was fun having a 24 by our name for 2 days. Looking at the initial cfp. We won’t crack it until maybe running the table and winning the conf championship.

The committee not giving cincy credit for their last 2 games vs. Navy and the Greenies. Okay, it needs to work both ways. Take all the Vanderbilt wins away from the SEC. You okay your conference schedule and nothing can be done about that.

This sounds about right with the CFP and P5 bias. 8 Non Power 5 teams in AP Top 25. 6 in Coaches. And finally 4 in CFP.

There are only 17 teams with a record of 7-1 or better and the Cajuns are one of those. No matter how we have played we should be in because of what we did last year also. What makes me laugh is Wake Forrest rank. If they were Clemson thy would be #1.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    SMU lost to Houston so that was that. They still have a couple of weeks and if they win their next 2 they should go up against Cincy ranked again.

Then Cincy needs a good matchup in the championship. Maybe against Houston.
    And almost beat Georgia last year.

I don’t know why some of us (me included) still hold onto hope that a G5 can get a spot in the playoff. As long as things are the way they are with this committee, the standards will continually change for the have nots. And there are faaaar more of us than the anointed.

Clearly, loses don’t matter for some. And wins don’t matter for others.

I know things can change and there are weeks left, but until you see a Cincy at least placed in the top 4 at any point, it’s just defeating for half the FBS. Not just the G5. Let’s be honest, 90% of the P5 ain’t getting a look from the committee either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Well it was fun having a 24 by our name for 2 days. Looking at the initial cfp. We won’t crack it until maybe running the table and winning the conf championship.
    We are in if we win out through the weekend of Liberty.

Here’s what the bcs would look like compared to the committee top 25

Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Default First College Football Playoff Rankings Released

Alabama debuts at No.2 in first college football playoff rankings

Default Re: First College Football Playoff Rankings Released

"Aresco has called the CFP a “Power 5 invitational” many times. He’s called the rankings indefensible and said the goalposts keep moving."

https://theathletic.com/news/aacs-mi./xk0YlqrOnjrm/

I know we all love the G5 here, but let's be honest.I don't think Cincy would beat any of the teams ranked above them, so I'm fine with where they are ranked.

The problem is with mid level SEC teams (who have no shot at the playoff) getting ranked ahead of legit G5 teams. But in the end, until the larger playoff is in place, none of those lower rankings matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I know we all love the G5 here, but let's be honest.I don't think Cincy would beat any of the teams ranked above them, so I'm fine with where they are ranked.

The problem is with mid level SEC teams (who have no shot at the playoff) getting ranked ahead of legit G5 teams. But in the end, until the larger playoff is in place, none of those lower rankings matter anyway.
    They should have beat Georgia last year and they beat Notre dame this year, I think they deserve the chance (if they win out). We have watched Florida state, Michigan state, Oklahoma (a few times) Ohio state, Notre dame, Washington Alabama and Clemson all get blown out in playoff gamesnot sure why it would be any different it Cincy would happen to get blown out. Also everyone said the same thing about Boise for years.until they started getting their opportunities and beating the big boys. 9 of the 14 semifinal games so far have been blowouts. 13 of the 21 games counting semi and champ haven’t been a contest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information