Thread: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Ragin' Cajuns Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

This message came from someone on the Ragin' Cajuns Fan Page on Facebook, and I felt compelled to pass it on. I'm just the messenger.

"I am an old lady(89) and have given as much as I can to SLI/UL. I see this dissatisfaction about concessions, parking, tailgating, etc. It hurts my heart to hear all this criticism. You have a wonderful city /area with much to be proud of. You will never be an LSU, but you can be a great university with a fantastic coach and winning team consisting of very well mannered young men. I have observed that many in Lafayette do not support the athletic programs or even the college. The 18,000+ students support the businesses and in turn helps your economy. The stands at athletic activities should be at least 3/4 s full all the time. I hear complaints about prices of tickets, food etc. Have you gone to the gas station or grocery store and purchased gas or food? A t-bone steak is $9.99 a lb./gas is $3.10 a gallon. Labor/people to hire for work are not willing to work. We are so fortunate to have an outstanding coach. Think how he feels when so few attend the games or he hears the complaints about things he has no control over. President Savoie should have the support of the entire area. Every citizen should be proud of the university, it's programs and students."

I can't agree more!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatGSU
    #WinTheDamnChampionship!

2. Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Thanks so much to the old lady. I too wish that more would appreciate and feel fortunate as opposed to entitled.

Fortunate to have the great athletes we have giving up their eligibility to play for Louisiana.

Fortunate enough to have a Five to Seven million dollar coach willing to be here to continue growing what was started before him for $2,000,000.

Fortunate enough to live in a friendly, compassionate community.

Fortunate that many with means have unselfishly stepped up in large ways to allow those with less to assist in their own way, whatever that may be to have Lamson, Russo and soon Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium.

Fortunate enough to have this great board to congregate and talk about everything Louisiana.

Fortunate enough to have had almost 29,000 fans in the stadium at an 11 game on Saturday.

3. Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Thanks so much to the old lady. I too wish that more would appreciate and feel fortunate as opposed to entitled.

Fortunate to have the great athletes we have giving up their eligibility to play for Louisiana.

Fortunate enough to have a Five to Seven million dollar coach willing to be here to continue growing what was started before him for $2,000,000.

Fortunate enough to live in a friendly, compassionate community.

Fortunate that many with means have unselfishly stepped up in large ways to allow those with less to assist in their own way, whatever that may be to have Lamson, Russo and soon Our Lady of Lourdes Stadium.

Fortunate enough to have this great board to congregate and talk about everything Louisiana.

Fortunate enough to have had almost 29,000 fans in the stadium at an 11 game on Saturday.
    Excellent post.

Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Excellent post.
    +1

5. Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Bump because it just needs to be.

6. Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Lost me at "You'll never be LSU".

No one here wants to be that. We can damn sure strive to make UL a top G5 destination. This obsession with comparison to the purple mess that people have is so dumb. Why would anyone assume that the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns want to be. that? We want to be the very best version of our unique selves. We have the opportunity to be 1 of 1. Not trying to be like anyone else.

7. Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Lost me at "You'll never be LSU".

No one here wants to be that. We can damn sure strive to make UL a top G5 destination. This obsession with comparison to the purple mess that people have is so dumb. Why would anyone assume that the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns want to be. that? We want to be the very best version of our unique selves. We have the opportunity to be 1 of 1. Not trying to be like anyone else.
    She is 89, she got sidetracked a little. She was just trying to make a point and slipped up in the worst way. I do agree, but I can find a way to give her a pass on that one.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    She is 89, she got sidetracked a little. She was just trying to make a point and slipped up in the worst way. I do agree, but I can find a way to give her a pass on that one.
    Exactly. That one faux pas doesn't minimize her point.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    This message came from someone on the Ragin' Cajuns Fan Page on Facebook, and I felt compelled to pass it on. I'm just the messenger.

"I am an old lady(89) and have given as much as I can to SLI/UL. I see this dissatisfaction about concessions, parking, tailgating, etc. It hurts my heart to hear all this criticism. You have a wonderful city /area with much to be proud of. You will never be an LSU, but you can be a great university with a fantastic coach and winning team consisting of very well mannered young men. I have observed that many in Lafayette do not support the athletic programs or even the college. The 18,000+ students support the businesses and in turn helps your economy. The stands at athletic activities should be at least 3/4 s full all the time. I hear complaints about prices of tickets, food etc. Have you gone to the gas station or grocery store and purchased gas or food? A t-bone steak is $9.99 a lb./gas is $3.10 a gallon. Labor/people to hire for work are not willing to work. We are so fortunate to have an outstanding coach. Think how he feels when so few attend the games or he hears the complaints about things he has no control over. President Savoie should have the support of the entire area. Every citizen should be proud of the university, it's programs and students."

I can't agree more!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatGSU
    #WinTheDamnChampionship!
    Saw that as well. Pretty cool.

Wanted to share it but felt a little uncomfortable putting her out there like that.

Her interest in the program should be taught in the classrooms.

I'm sorry, but is she talking about ULL?

Signed,
    Casual Clueless Fan

12. Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'm sorry, but is she talking about ULL?

Signed,
    Casual Clueless Fan
    SLI move you made there.

13. Default Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

This just shows that if they become a fan in their youth they become a fan for life.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Message from a long-time CAJUNS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Saw that as well. Pretty cool.

Wanted to share it but felt a little uncomfortable putting her out there like that.
    I made sure not to mention her name.

Thread Information