Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Playoff picture

Default Re: Playoff picture

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    The championship game is a Sun Belt event. Parking charges, tailgate spots, everything, is under their control. I strongly suggest you contact Sun Belt Conference office (504-299-9066) beginning tomorrow and start asking questions.
    Kind of like regionals and super regionals in the stick sports when the NCAA takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    If Cin remains unbeaten and is in the playoffs does that mean another P5 team can be in a NY6 bowl or does Cin fulfill the requirements?
    Cincinnati will be in the playoff, that fulfills the G5 NY6 requirement, so instead of the top 4 spot, a P5 in the top 12 will be in whatever bowl fits them.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Kind of like regionals and super regionals in the stick sports when the NCAA takes over.
    Worse. I remember the times when the Sun Belt softball tournament has been at Lamson. Conference dignitaries, sponsors, media, others whom the conference office chooses, get the prime parking spots, passes, etc. The only benefit locals may get is your season ticket seat in the stadium.

4. Default Re: Playoff picture

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Worse. I remember the times when the Sun Belt softball tournament has been at Lamson. Conference dignitaries, sponsors, media, others whom the conference office chooses, get the prime parking spots, passes, etc. The only benefit locals may get is your season ticket seat in the stadium.
    To be fair if we were a major conference it would be at a neutral place and the muckydy mucks would get all the prime parking and everything else. By having it on your campus you retain most of the home advantages.

as long as I get my seats and the tailgaters dont get screwed then I can walk a little further.

For the SBC softball tournaments we hosted, we were able to use our parking passes at Lamson Park. For NCAA events, we were not. The NCAA took over everything. I think we will be in charge of parking and tailgating. If it has not been announced by next Thursday, I will have an answer then.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    For the SBC softball tournaments we hosted, we were able to use our parking passes at Lamson Park. For NCAA events, we were not. The NCAA took over everything. I think we will be in charge of parking and tailgating. If it has not been announced by next Thursday, I will have an answer then.
    I heard the game time for Liberty won't be announced until Nov 8. Is that still correct?

8. Default Re: Playoff picture

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I heard the game time for Liberty won't be announced until Nov 8. Is that still correct?
    I would assume they are waiting to see if both teams are still sitting a 1 loss at that point and then decide how to best televise the game. This should be a pretty high level G5 game. They will probably televise it on one of the main ESPN platforms. Meaning non ESPN3 or plus if it is still between 2 1 loss teams

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I would assume they are waiting to see if both teams are still sitting a 1 loss at that point and then decide how to best televise the game. This should be a pretty high level G5 game. They will probably televise it on one of the main ESPN platforms. Meaning non ESPN3 or plus if it is still between 2 1 loss teams
    The flamers have 2 losses thanks to Monroe

eta they also have ole miss this week

10. Default Re: Playoff picture

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The flamers have 2 losses thanks to Monroe

eta they also have ole miss this week
    That’s right I forgot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information