Thread: UL getting the old Lourdes building??

Louisiana Campus UL getting the old Lourdes building??

Default Re: UL getting the old Lourdes building??

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    So this sounds like just the diocese buildings along St Mary, and not the part where OLOL used to be? Guess something is better than nothing, and that portion has always been the tricky part. The other part is solely owned by our new BFF, OLOL.

Will be great location for future much needed, much larger College of Nursing building assuming that's where the university wants to locate it. The LHC $20MM donation seems to have kicked this initiative into a higher gear. At present the College of Nursing is turning away many qualified applicants partly due to not enough space to accommodate more students and more faculty. Getting this done is crucial to alleviating our region's nursing shortage in years ahead along with increasing nursing faculty pay for recruitment purposes.

That would be a great location for the nursing school. If they can eventually get the vacant land it would be a good location for the new Hamilton Lab school for the college of education.

Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That would be a great location for the nursing school. If they can eventually get the vacant land it would be a good location for the new Hamilton Lab school for the college of education.
    I was under the impression that the nursing building as well as the engineering classroom building would be built in the "new" quad where McNaspy was located. Oliver Hall is the current anchor building for that quad. The Diocesan property would be a great location for the Hamilton Lab School.

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post
    I was under the impression that the nursing building as well as the engineering classroom building would be built in the "new" quad where McNaspy was located. Oliver Hall is the current anchor building for that quad. The Diocesan property would be a great location for the Hamilton Lab School.
    That is correct. The UL School of Nursing does not want to be located off the main campus. They would prefer the McNaspy Quad. I hear complaints every day about their lack of meeting places and classrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post
    Right it was scheduled to be on the new quad. Last I heard a new nursing building ins in the50 to 60 million dollar range. However, there are two modern buildings on the property that would be excellent for the nursing school to use RIGHT NOW. If you are hungry and you looking for some bread would you take a half a loaf bread over no loaf of bread at all. I think I would take a half a loaf and be happy. Continue to work for the full loaf later.

It would open up the school to grow and provide a centralized facility under one roof. To me it's a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    That is correct. The UL School of Nursing does not want to be located off the main campus. They would prefer the McNaspy Quad. I hear complaints every day about their lack of meeting places and classrooms.
    "McNaspy Quad." That is very cool. Can't wait for that to be a reality.

But is there enough room for both nursing an engineering to move there? They would be flanking Oliver Hall, and it just does not seem like that that space could hold the 2 large buildings each of them would needseems that there is less room there than where each of currently located.

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    This was not supposed to have leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This was not supposed to have leaked out.
    Kind of hard when a public body is going to meet and they have to publish an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Kind of hard when a public body is going to meet and they have to publish an agenda.
    True, but there is more to it supposedly and I hope that remains in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    The new quad makes sense for nursing for the additional reason that it keeps students and faculty in close proximity to the Oil Center, aka OLGMC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    True, but there is more to it supposedly and I hope that remains in the works.
    It is still in the works

Thread Information