Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2022 SB schedule is released

1. Default Re: 2022 SB schedule is released

I love the schedule.

Default Re: 2022 SB schedule is released

Is that our tournament in Youngsville? How do Season Tickets factor into the seating. Seating in Youngsville is minimal. How many do those stands hold anyway?

3. Default Re: 2022 SB schedule is released

Youngsville tournament is being hosted by Southeastern Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Is that our tournament in Youngsville? How do Season Tickets factor into the seating. Seating in Youngsville is minimal. How many do those stands hold anyway?
    Not much seating and season ticket holders don't factor in.

Any one know what's up with the open weekend during the second weekend of the season? No games on 2/18-2/20.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Any one know what's up with the open weekend during the second weekend of the season? No games on 2/18-2/20.
    That is the weekend of the St. Pete / Clearwater Invitational hosted by USF.

They were already at their 56 game limit.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    They were already at their 56 game limit.
    OK...I appreciate your thorough explanation.

So go an entire weekend at the beginning of the season without games to then play the juggernauts of Portland St and Eastern Illinois the following weekend? And then scheduling a double header @ Illinois, who is "meh", and a game at Indiana, who is even more "meh". To me, this schedule has enough average to below average teams where you could justify dropping 4 games in favor of playing a tournament on the second weekend instead. Especially if it's one of the big travel tournaments, like the aforementioned one in Clearwater. Or get a decent team in for a 3 game series.

This is a decent schedule, but I've seen better. Regardless I will be at every game possible.

9. Default Re: 2022 SB schedule is released

So go an entire weekend at the beginning of the season without games to then play the juggernauts of Portland St and Eastern Illinois the following weekend? And then scheduling a double header @ Illinois, who is "meh", and a game at Indiana, who is even more "meh". To me, this schedule has enough average to below average teams where you could justify dropping 4 games in favor of playing a tournament on the second weekend instead. Especially if it's one of the big travel tournaments, like the aforementioned one in Clearwater. Or get a decent team in for a 3 game series.

This is a decent schedule, but I've seen better. Regardless I will be at every game possible.
    I think we will always attempt to play EIU when possible. The reason for this is because of who their coach is. Her name is Tara Archibald, but her maiden name is Tara Glasco, that and they are traditionally a pretty good in the Ohio Valley Conference.

Part of the RPI is your opponents-opponents, so as long as Indiana and Illinois are playing Michigan, Northwestern, and Minnesota, this should help our RPI. Well, as long as the rest of their opponents don't suck too bad.

11. Default Re: 2022 SB schedule is released

... This is a decent schedule, but I've seen better. Regardless I will be at every game possible.
    Since Louisiana has had the #1 independent schedule in the country before, you will probably be able to make that statement every single year.

Same hear. I just can't keep up with your old man beer drinking. He can knock back 3 to my 1.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    That is the weekend of the St. Pete / Clearwater Invitational hosted by USF.
    I don't believe the Cajuns were invited to that tournament.

14. Default Re: 2022 SB schedule is released

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The ink has dried and the scheduled is out:

https://ragincajuns.com/sports/softball/schedule
    Nice looking schedule. After what’s coming out the next few days it’s too bad we didn’t get a get acquainted series with JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nice looking schedule. After what’s coming out the next few days it’s too bad we didn’t get a get acquainted series with JMU.
    Agree would have been nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information