Thread: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

1. UL Basketball Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

Redshirt-freshman Kobe Julien paced the Ragin' Cajuns with 17 points

Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

A few less turnovers and more made free throws may have led the Cajuns to win. Review of play by play shows game was tight throughout with Cajuns having lead most of game. Tide were 27 of 33 from line while Cajuns were 12 of 21. Still, the turnover number has to come down for success going forward. Interestingly, most of turnovers came from the bigs. Reading Kobe Julien had a good game is a good sign. Indicates his knee must be sound. Long wait for him.

Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    A few less turnovers and more made free throws may have led the Cajuns to win. Review of play by play shows game was tight throughout with Cajuns having lead most of game. Tide were 27 of 33 from line while Cajuns were 12 of 21. Still, the turnover number has to come down for success going forward. Interestingly, most of turnovers came from the bigs. Reading Kobe Julien had a good game is a good sign. Indicates his knee must be sound. Long wait for him.
    We were better in many different statistical categories. Lead 65% of the game. Turnovers are always higher at the beginning of the season but that is something we've had issues with and we will need to improve there as the season progresses. I still think we are going to overshoot the 3 and we better increase that percentage or our offensive rebounding if we are set on shooting 25-30 times a game

4. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

Whoa big shocker…

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We were better in many different statistical categories. Lead 65% of the game. Turnovers are always higher at the beginning of the season but that is something we've had issues with and we will need to improve there as the season progresses. I still think we are going to overshoot the 3 and we better increase that percentage or our offensive rebounding if we are set on shooting 25-30 times a game
    Good analysis. With the bigs we have, I hope we shoot less threes. I understand being skeptical that occurs. I do expect Greg Williams Jr. to improve his shooting percentage from this game.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Whoa big shocker…
    Gotta get that jab in . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Good analysis. With the bigs we have, I hope we shoot less threes. I understand being skeptical that occurs. I do expect Greg Williams Jr. to improve his shooting percentage from this game.
    In reading the SID release from the Alabama website, it stated they were missing two or three of their projected top athletes, so it's kind of hard to gage anything from this scrimmage other than where they are in preparation for the season at this point.

8. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Gotta get that jab in . . .
    Or just tell the truth.

9. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

Last night in an official game USA led at halftime. They eventually lost by a similar score to our charity game. 73/68 Alabama wins.

optimisticly can see us only losing to texas state in the run in. georgians and 2 v monroe should all be Ws!

11. Default Re: Louisiana Men’s Basketball Narrowly Falls in Charity Exhibition to No. 14 Ala

I want some of whatever you taking.

Thread Information