Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reminder Of Basketball Social

Default Re: Reminder Of Basketball Social

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    See my original post.
    I’m a diehard UL basketball fan. I went over 8 years without missing a home game. That’s not including my time as a student.

I just don’t support a mediocre coaching staff who has clearly shown that are incapable of sustaining success or actually achieving it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    See my original post.
    I laughed. A new coach will bring those guys around.

Basketball social is for RCAF members above a certain donation level. Same as football and Diamond sports events. Unfortunately Covid delta variant led to canceling of the football social. The one tomorrow night is at City Club and involves both the men and women’s programs.

4. Default Re: Reminder Of Basketball Social

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Basketball social is for RCAF members above a certain donation level. Same as football and Diamond sports events. Unfortunately Covid delta variant led to canceling of the football social. The one tomorrow night is at City Club and involves both the men and women’s programs.
    ….See you guys there!

CajunsMIKE???

What’s the level, how much money does it take to get in that level??? And how many people are at that level??

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    CajunsMIKE???

What’s the level, how much money does it take to get in that level??? And how many people are at that level??
    I believe it takes $3k to get to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    That is correct

3K to be in RCAF level to be able to go to a social once a year ? What else to you get with the 3K ?

3K to be in RCAF level to be able to go to a social once a year ? What else to you get with the 3K ?
    So say chicken nuggets.

Not much, mainly parking passes and courtside club for basketball games.

Not much, mainly parking passes and courtside club for basketball games.
    I’ve never agreed with the donor benefits.

If one gives $750, the next level up is double the price @ $1,500. The added benefit to double your donation:

Assigned a concierge & get to spend more money on an additional parking pass

12. Default Re: Reminder Of Basketball Social

Perks are cool, but when you get to those levels you're not doing it for the perks.

Perks aren't driving your decision. They are UL basketball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So say chicken nuggets.
    It's tenders... let's not sell the program short

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It's tenders... let's not sell the program short
    RCAF plans the social, including the menu, in conjunction with the City Club. That is the case for pre season socials for all sports. Basketball just shows up tonight. Players and staff for both teams are introduced, the head coaches and team captains may say a few words of thanks to the supporters, and mingling amongst groups occurs. In the past, they have placed players at different tables to make them become accustomed to associating with folks who may be able to help them business wise down the road.

This is different than the private event Coach Marlin used to host at his home pre Covid. A great gumbo and other local dishes were generally served at that event. Football and the other sports have had private events of this nature for their top supporters in the past as well. Doubt those become frequent for a long time as Covid is never going completely away. Lots of people in a personal home is still risky.

The 3000 minimum figure for the RCAF social includes all contributions. They include RCAF general fund plus whatever you give to any particular sport. You can give zero to basketball and be invited to this event. Personally, I believe this figure is way too high. It used to be 1000 dollars for invitations to any of the pre season socials. While it perhaps needed to be increased from 1000, 3000 excludes too many in my view. Of course no one asked my opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Perks are cool, but when you get to those levels you're not doing it for the perks.

Perks aren't driving your decision. They are UL basketball fans.
    Thanks Turbine. Personally I give to support OUR student athletes. I don’t donate based on who the coach is and whether I like him or not. Some of us are true fans and others may be the dreaded bandwagon fans. Time for true fans to step up and support our university.

I’ll now hop off my soap box and not spill my beer while anxiously awaiting my chicken strips.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information