Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Basketball VS. Bama

Default Re: Basketball VS. Bama

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Not to concerned with Au and Wesley as they were coming off injuries. I know Caldwell was as well but man that guys been hurt along time. What is up with domingue and Harper.
    Domingue may redshirt. Family is very open to that plan and some in the family actually prefer going that route. Plan has nothing to do with his ability or performance in practice so far. Thinking is giving up 5 minutes a game this year for 25 plus minutes in his fifth year is a good tradeoff. He is also a Mechanical Engineering major. Being a D1 athlete almost demands five years for such a challenging curriculum. Also, cajuns80 is correct in that Carter has missed some practice time recently. Not sure what issue is there but my understanding he was slowly working his way back into the routine a few days ago. Harper was battling a hamstring a couple of weeks ago. Nothing serious and he should be back in action soon. Not sure why Cadwell did not play more. Word I had was he was one of better players in a recent practice and had no health issues. Perhaps matchup was not conducive to him. 60swerebest is correct in that we will be able to hang with big boys inside but they need to improve their turnover number. Although this scrimmage was made public due to charity, most of these are not with results kept secret by NCAA rule. You are allowed 2 and I bet we have another one before the season begins. We won't hear what happened there if it does occur. My thinking is some of the guys held out today may see action then if their health improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Domingue may redshirt. Family is very open to that plan and some in the family actually prefer going that route. Plan has nothing to do with his ability or performance in practice so far. Thinking is giving up 5 minutes a game this year for 25 plus minutes in his fifth year is a good tradeoff. He is also a Mechanical Engineering major. Being a D1 athlete almost demands five years for such a challenging curriculum. Also, cajuns80 is correct in that Carter has missed some practice time recently. Not sure what issue is there but my understanding he was slowly working his way back into the routine a few days ago. Harper was battling a hamstring a couple of weeks ago. Nothing serious and he should be back in action soon. Not sure why Cadwell did not play more. Word I had was he was one of better players in a recent practice and had no health issues. Perhaps matchup was not conducive to him. 60swerebest is correct in that we will be able to hang with big boys inside but they need to improve their turnover number. Although this scrimmage was made public due to charity, most of these are not with results kept secret by NCAA rule. You are allowed 2 and I bet we have another one before the season begins. We won't hear what happened there if it does occur. My thinking is some of the guys held out today may see action then if their health improves.
    I’ve heard Harper won’t be back until SBC play. It has nothing to do with an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    In fairness, Bama was down Quinerly.
    And Awkuba and Gueye only played 14 minutes each

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And Awkuba and Gueye only played 14 minutes each
    Maybe gueye should have played less. Dude is a turnover machine

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Maybe gueye should have played less. Dude is a turnover machine
    Ouch. 6 TO's in only 14 minutes. He was second to Brown but Brown played over 30 minutes. He's definitely had problems in that regard. My concern is due to the depth we have on the frontline, they may use him at the 3 spot more where he'll be inclined to jack up 3's which is not his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ouch. 6 TO's in only 14 minutes. He was second to Brown but Brown played over 30 minutes. He's definitely had problems in that regard. My concern is due to the depth we have on the frontline, they may use him at the 3 spot more where he'll be inclined to jack up 3's which is not his strength.
    This is why Dou Gueye should never start. Kobe to the 3, with Williams and Jones at guard. That is the best lineup we can put out there.

7. Default Re: Basketball VS. Bama

What key guy?
    Au was key to us last year once he got going, Cadwell is expected to be good when healthy, and Westley is gonna be good again too.

With Carter out, gonna be a few less people in the Dome, who wanted to see him play this year!!! Can’t be his physical nature, gotta be that they think the talent in front of him is way better that his minutes would be very little.

I should have redshirted too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cajun tuba View Post
    Au was key to us last year once he got going, Cadwell is expected to be good when healthy, and Westley is gonna be good again too.
    Cadwell hasn't played basketball in almost 3 years, and Wesley is a bench filler at this point of his career.

Some of you guys on here, honestly cant judge talent.

Y’all just go off what the coaches say about each player or what media outlets tied to UL say. The eye test for me, inside the CAJUNDOME is the only thing to really go off of. Until you can produce inside the DOME with the big lights on, I don’t wanna hear who is Key for us. You gonna be able to tell 5 games in, who is key for us…

#LetsGeauxDancing

Cadwell hasn't played basketball in almost 3 years, and Wesley is a bench filler at this point of his career.
    Exactly!!! They going off of what a coach says at a luncheon or what they see at a practice when they attend for 45 minutes.

12. Default Re: Basketball VS. Bama

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post

Y’all just go off what the coaches say about each player or what media outlets tied to UL say. The eye test for me, inside the CAJUNDOME is the only thing to really go off of. Until you can produce inside the DOME with the big lights on, I don’t wanna hear who is Key for us. You gonna be able to tell 5 games in, who is key for us…

#LetsGeauxDancing
    Now you did it. . . I have been identifying this for years and it has not gone over too well . . . because it is true

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post

#LetsGeauxDancing
    Another true statement from Mr. Boyd

14. Default Re: Basketball VS. Bama

I hope Cadwell can play, I think he can be very helpful to this team if healthy.

By the way, I just noticed a few things about some of our former players.

First off, Tirus Smith who was suspended for the end of the 2019 regular season has given up college basketball and is playing overseas in Denmark, he did not play at all last season after transferring out to MVSU to play with his brother.

Secondly, Jalen Johnson, just can't find a long term home. He transferred from St. Louis to UL to play 1 year, then left for greener pastures to Mississippi State, he has since moved on as a Grad Transfer to Texas A&M for this season.

Javonne Lowery played last year for Kilgore College, but I can not find him on the roster any longer and can't seem to find him anywhere.

Devin Butts is on the roster at New Mexico Junior College.

Jacobi Gordon, can't seem to find him anywhere.

Gordon is at Florida Memorial, an NAIA school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information