Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: SBC Football Championship Game

Default Re: SBC Football Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Duh. My bad. We could head to Conway with one loss if App loses again. THAT is what I should have said.
    Exactly what I was saying on the tie-breaker thread. I'm as excited as the next fan, and last night was a huge step in the right direction, but this is not a 100% yet. The last thing we want to do is promote something that might not happen. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Right now 212 members are signed in and 1480 guests are lurking.

Of the 1480 some are bots for search engine, some are viewing old topics that search engines directed them to.
    I'm sure at least 1200 of the guests are from La Tech! LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Well we just lack the promotional abilities, or lack the proper marketing techniques to get a good crowd at Cajun Field.

Look I am not putting down the university, but if you put a flyer out to every student which is 17,000 and 1/3 show up I would have to say that be a good turn out. We just have to create a culture that going to Cajun games are the thing to do .

No reason why we can’t be like App St and get 30k for a Wednesday night game
    Maybe the University ought to add a requirement that in order to earn a degree from The University of Louisiana, a student must also attend a minimum of four home Football games each season! LOL!!!

4. Default Re: SBC Football Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I'm sure at least 1200 of the guests are from La Tech! LMAO!!!
    Or at least 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunman99 View Post
    The prospect of having the SBC Championship Game in Lafayette is tremendous. If it is scheduled cleverly, we could have ESPN Gameday here. We (the hardcore alumni and fans) need to work everyone we know to pack the stands for what will be the LAST GAME AT OLD CAJUN FIELD.
    ESPN Gameday here ? That would be a hard NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I know we still have work to do, but Dr. Maggard and UL need to start promoting the Sun Belt Championship game at Cajun Field on December 4th and allow season ticket holders to reserve their tickets and start getting everyone else in the area excited to attend the first championship game ever to be played in Lafayette at Cajun Field!!! We need 35,000+ in the stadium on 12/4/21!!!
    Let’s Geaux!!!!
    I could not think of a better way to jinx us.

If anything, the conference should push an initiative to have all members push the championship game at all the home games of every school all season. Drill
    It into every fans head and even if your team isn’t in it, it should drive tv ratings when the game does happen. They should do that for every sport with the conference tournaments as well

8. Default Re: SBC Football Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I could not think of a better way to jinx us.
    Advising to hold the date for a sum certain? I don’t think so . . .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information