Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sell out in Boone on a WED!!

Default Re: Sell out in Boone on a WED!!

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    UL and App State have about the same amount of students. App State students care and show up. UL students do not. It's really sad. Just think of what the atmosphere at Cajun Field could be like if they showed up.
    You are correct about the apathy and this is not to justify it. But you have to consider that the majority of App State students live on campus and are there on weeknights. A large portion of our students are commuters from surrounding areas who go home each day after school. Just an observation.

Trying to get the students in by letting them invite their friends for free. I think we will have a packed house.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Trying to get the students in by letting them invite their friends for free. I think we will have a packed house.

And this is how the Flagship school of the UL system takes charge! LOL!!!

4. Default Re: Sell out in Boone on a WED!!

Fill The Swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Fill The Swamp.
    Yeah buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I think if we had lost on the road and had #14 coming in we would have more than 12k people.
    Agreed, probably 12,200 at least, but I jest.

Too many excuses why this stadium is not filled every home game, whether or not it is a weekday or weekend. The sad thing about all this is that the 25K+ not showing up on game day are missing the greatest coach and run we have ever had at this university.

Props to us, the 12K that actually do show, no matter the conditions.

7. Default Re: Sell out in Boone on a WED!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Agreed, probably 12,200 at least, but I jest.

Too many excuses why this stadium is not filled every home game, whether or not it is a weekday or weekend. The sad thing about all this is that the 25K+ not showing up on game day are missing the greatest coach and run we have ever had at this university.

Props to us, the 12K that actually do show, no matter the conditions.
    It you want 40,000 in the stadium for every home game this season and last, wait 25 years and take a poll. I promise at least 40,000 will have been in attendance.

As we speak 45,000 saw Jake Delhomme beat Texas A&M 25 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It you want 40,000 in the stadium for every home game this season and last, wait 25 years and take a poll. I promise at least 40,000 will have been in attendance.

As we speak 45,000 saw Jake Delhomme beat Texas A&M 25 years ago.
    So true. What a shame. I still think there are two ways to fill the stadium.

One: Obviously play the Alabama's, Clemson, Georgia's, Florida's, Notre Dame's, Michigan's.....at Cajunfield. People will come out in groves to see these teams in our stadium.

Two: Play the Alabama's, Clemson, Georgia's, Florida's, Notre Dame's, Michigan's.......at their place and beat the heck out of them. Then, UL could play Ovey Comeaux High and still get a packed house, because everyone would want to see the team that just beat the Alabama's, Clemson, Georgia's, Florida's, Notre Dame's, Michigan's.....

or at least, I used to believe this. Not so sure anymore even these scenarios would work.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    You are correct about the apathy and this is not to justify it. But you have to consider that the majority of App State students live on campus and are there on weeknights. A large portion of our students are commuters from surrounding areas who go home each day after school. Just an observation.
    That's been one of the excuses for many, many years. I'm not sure if it's totally legitimate.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information