Thread: End the Madness?

Default End the Madness?

I've never seen this mentioned before, but I don't like it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.caa-tournament

Default Re: End the Madness?

I love Huggs but this is not a good take, the Cinderella’s winning every once in a while is why March madness is so popular. Who cares how many fans the small schools put in the gym.

3. Default Re: End the Madness?

March Madness is an Eyes on TV money maker. They probably should not ____ with something that works.

"And then, the other people, they can have their own tournament." Who do you mean, other people?

Really, this is the type of elitist attitude that would kill college sports. The NCAA basketball tournament is THE best tournament because of it's diversity and it's the best gauge of a true national champion that we have. Same can be said for baseball and softball, but basketball is the king of spring sports.

I wonder if he'd consider the WCC a "major" conference. Would you exclude Gonzaga who played for a National Championship just because they play in a conference with Portland, San Francisco and Pepperdine?

5. Default Re: End the Madness?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    "And then, the other people, they can have their own tournament." Who do you mean, other people?

Really, this is the type of elitist attitude that would kill college sports. The NCAA basketball tournament is THE best tournament because of it's diversity and it's the best gauge of a true national champion that we have. Same can be said for baseball and softball, but basketball is the king of spring sports.

I wonder if he'd consider the WCC a "major" conference. Would you exclude Gonzaga who played for a National Championship just because they play in a conference with Portland, San Francisco and Pepperdine?
    He just missed.

What is going to be the difference between pro sports and college sports if the only thing that matters is money? There are lots of people that dislike pro sports because of the greed. Well the P5 is showing themselves that greed is all that matters except that they only want to pay coaches, administrators, and University presidents huge amount of money. Greed will kill the college game.

Relegation is the only way they get away with it.

Thread Information